Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: TF4 Movie promotions around the world - random & minor ones

Back to the Oreo cross-promotion, it looks like Oreo in South America are releasing a box with Crosshairs, biscuits and stickers.
    The toy is said to look the same as the regular one... so is more of a completist item.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Back to the Oreo cross-promotion, it looks like Oreo in South America are releasing a box with Crosshairs, biscuits and stickers.
    The toy is said to look the same as the regular one... so is more of a completist item.
    Apparently the first four Deluxe figures are in this promotion, which people can win from enclosed codes in the Oreo biscuit packs.

One of the cross-promotional items was for a Chinese SUV vehicle, and a 2 minute commercial has been released using some locations from the Movie... and this car was included in the movie somewhere.

Press Release for the Oreo promotion. It mentions 35 of their many markets, so something could end up filtering to here with the biscuits and TV spots.

The biscuits look to have moulded Autobot symbols on them.
    I had hoped that we'd get an Oreos promotion here as well, out of the 35 countries that apparently did, but we didn't.

However, I found at the Reject Shop on the weekend, some imported Indonesian-made Oreos for Indonesia, Thailand, and I think Vietnam... with Transformers AOE advertising on them, and 12 "free" random stickers enclosed in the box. It was a box of twelve 3-packs, for $3.50. Not the best value, at 10 cents per biscuit... and I don't think Oreos are very nice compared to other cream biscuits (or a lot of other types of biscuits like Timtam or Shapes), but are so heavily promoted in America and a family tradition now, I guess it's like our Vegemite to them.

Unfortunately, they didn't have the moulded Autobot symbols on them like in the first advertisement about them. (maybe no biscuits had them, and it was just a photoshop image for the advertisement)

They have a June 2014 production date on them, and are best before June 2015... so still "edible" if you wanted to look for them at your nearby Reject Shop.

Were they supposed to have an autobot symbol on the biscuit itself?
    The ones here never did...

The HK version of these packs are all in the discount bins at my local shop only ours have flavours associated with them. I can't stand Oreos but according to my daughter the Bumblebee flavour (yellow filling) is gross and the Optimus Prime flavour (purple filling) is nice.

They had the Autobot symbol on the biscuits in the advertisement, but it doesn't sound like they were on any of the actual biscuits.
    They weren't even pictured on any of the packs that I could find with a google-image search... so I would have thought that if they had specially moulded biscuits, they'd be used on the packaging instead of, or with, the regular Oreos moulded biscuits.

I did find this one image of what looks to be a biscuit with an Autobot symbol on it, but none of the sites that had a copy of this image had any notation of if it is real or where/when it came from... leading me to think that it was either a fake/photoshop, or some of them were randomly inserted into packs for kids to look out for.