Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transformers 5 release date rumour

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I haven't seen anything of his just yet, so I'm going to withhold judgement. I'd be far more concerned about the script.

Isn't that the whole point of the franchise (besides selling toys, that is)?

Heh - excellent point

Everytime I think about the Michael Bay flicks I can't help but get depressed, such a wasted opportunity, here's someone who had the opportunity to leave a significant mark on cinema, with a wealth of backstory lore to work from, but instead wasted it with what is essentially the equivalent of 4 unrelated Pop songs, sure the visual effects were awesome, and seeing cartoon favourites come to life was brilliant, but that's all that will be remembered IMO, personally I would prefer to see a reboot occur sometime in the future, with someone in charge who could give a TF story line some more justice, until then I guess I'll just have to be happy with more of the flashing lights parade

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I haven't seen anything of his just yet, so I'm going to withhold judgement. I'd be far more concerned about the script.

Isn't that the whole point of the franchise (besides selling toys, that is)?
    I have no interest in the toys as well sadly. None. since 1-4, zero.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Everytime I think about the Michael Bay flicks I can't help but get depressed, such a wasted opportunity, here's someone who had the opportunity to leave a significant mark on cinema, with a wealth of backstory lore to work from, but instead wasted it with what is essentially the equivalent of 4 unrelated Pop songs, sure the visual effects were awesome, and seeing cartoon favourites come to life was brilliant, but that's all that will be remembered IMO, personally I would prefer to see a reboot occur sometime in the future, with someone in charge who could give a TF story line some more justice, until then I guess I'll just have to be happy with more of the flashing lights parade
    That's what have been said and was ignored. They feel that the old Transformers are not of any relevance or good in todays world.

Depressing. Just can't get excited. AOE was pretty awful. Ummmmm what else can I say.....

(Reboot reboot reboot)

i agree AOE was average, revenge was better

every time i think of the live action transformers movies i think of that scene in Dumb and Dumber when harry met lloyd when bob saget goes into the toilet after Harry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8geLnpGmQAQ