Page 5 of 467 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

A Boy and His Blob is out in extremely limited numbers, $48 at JB. Its one of the best games on the Wii and a must have for anyone who liked the originals or great games in general.

I just finished Ico for the PS2 and have to say that I found it most enjoyable and a moving experience. You play as Ico and the aim is to escape some wierd castle with a girl (Yorda)that you rescue from a cage. She is pretty frail and you need to hold her hand and pull her around everywhere you go. Generally, Ico's job is to create a path for Yorda to get to these magic gaets that only Yorda can open. Ico also has to protect her from these shadow monster things.

I found it a interesting experience, as at the time when everything went pear shaped and Ico and Yorda got seperated, I found myself racing along to find her, wheras before I was meandering around the levels enjoying the pretty graphics. I think that the "holding hands" bit of the game seems to form a better character connection for some reason.

Last yera I did a video game studies unit at uni and now it maks me analyse a little what I am playing more than before, for me, Ico is an outstanding game that provides an experience that is different and is successful in making you care about Ico and Yorda. I highly recommend it!

Just my 2 cents.

Now onto Shadow of the Colossus!

If you thought ICO was good, just you wait until you play Shadow of the Colostomy...It is the very definition of EPIC. Incredible soundtrack too! The only bad thing about SotC is the PS2 can struggle at times to keep up with everything onscreen. Stuff re-releasing GoW, I want HD SotC!!

Plants VS Zombies, $5 on steam, haha it's fun and addictive as hell... Also playing Crysis

North Melbourne-bot...?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yo, go peep out steam right now. They be pulling out a super games sale for sure. Be sure to check on it each day.

I like the look of the thq pack right now.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Yeah saw that, probably gonna stock up on a few games. THQ pack isn't bad but there's nothing I really really want in it...

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    If you thought ICO was good, just you wait until you play Shadow of the Colostomy...It is the very definition of EPIC. Incredible soundtrack too! The only bad thing about SotC is the PS2 can struggle at times to keep up with everything onscreen. Stuff re-releasing GoW, I want HD SotC!!
    Lol, I busted some out last night. WOWSERS! That is pretty awesome. Its funny though, I juts learnt of GOW redux (or whatever) for PS3 and my first thought was, Colosus would look FANTASTIC!

On the plus side, project Tri-co, The last Guardian, should mean more impressiveness. Official site here with some nice looking but not revealing too much movies. Oh its in Japanese as well though, but easy enough to work out whats going on. All done by the guy who made Ico and Colostomy.

I ahve been going game crazy since I gots my Ps3. I think its coz there aren't many Tfs I like out at the moment....

OH and I bought Play-tv yesterday, but left it at work....

I forgot how easily I can become addicted to gaming.

Since getting 'Killzone 2' two weeks ago and doing online matches I haven't played anything else, and I'm playing it for hours upon hours at night and my occassional days off from work. I've racked up 40 hours of online play, earned the rank of Brigade General (third highest, and only a few thousand more points to get General of the Army), and yesterday was invited to join the FC#K clan, which is ranked 259/152056.

I got Arkham Asylum about two weeks after the release but heres my opinion on it!

Very good game! I loved it to bits! I loved being in the Aslyum fighting the criminals and un covering the Riddlers trophies. The challenges are a little bit boring for me but over all they are very well done.
    Xbox live gamertag: JetRaid

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just bought the ghostbusters game on steam for $10. Downloading ~10GB (Probably really 7gb), right now.....
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------