Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of an era (so to speak)

Default End of an era (so to speak)

Today, after 12 years, 6 months, and a handful of days, I end my employment at my current job.

I was employed as a Clerk, but did anything but with a job that involved advising clients about tax, doing tax returns, sorting out GST garbage, system administrator, handyman, and office clown. Had to adopt the last part to match the great joke that was my pay.

On Monday I move to my new job where I take up the position of Office Supervisor for a local engineering/hardware firm. All new challenges plus i'm going to a company that has plans of expanding out of the town (only way to survive seeing as the cane and banana industry is about to keel over and go the way of the tobacco and fishing industry around here). Plus I won't have to put up with the public as much. 12 and a half years of people bitching and whining that $5000 isn't enough of a tax refund tends to get on your nerves ...

And i'll have a lot more money to spend on TF's, or a new car ... or both.

This will actually be only my second job since I left high school and I thought i'd be more nervous, or even excited, but suprisingly, I feel neither. Sunday night will probably be a different story.

So there's my once in a blue moon tale of interest. Thank you for allowing me to waste your time. (Something I probably won't be able to do at the new job!)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If you expand down to Brisbane, let me know. I'm still after a position......
    ________
    Medical Marijuana Patients
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 10:05 AM.

hooray for a new job and more pay!
    good luck in your new job Burn

Congratulations on the pay rise. Hopefully, since you wont have to deal with people too much this time, less stress for you.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Congrats to you Burn and best wishes for the future. I too am close to a career change but there is nothing official yet and I don't want to steal Burn's thunder so I'll pipe down for now.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Good on ya Burn!

& I bet they got all teary eyed over seeing their Office Clown find a new circus...

Congrats on the new position Burn, you managed to leave the Tax related job at the perfect time!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Enjoy your new job Burn, I train people and they have a period called the Honeymoon where everything is new and enjoyable, this lasts about 6 weeks. If you get past this period and still enjoy the job then you have definitely done the right thing. I can go up on the mines and earn double what I earn now but as far as I'm concerned a good lifestyle is one of the most important things to have so I hope this change helps you with your lifestyle outside of work as well.

Congrats Burn. I think its great your looking forward to unchartered territory and I'm sure things will work out fine and maybe even that Botcon trip will become viable in 11 months time.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

nice one.
    I wouldn't mind a change of job. I don't get paid enough currently <_<
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|