Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2014 Exclusive 'Knights of Unicron' Set

Call me old fashioned but I really hate this rubbish that they've churned out as exclusives.
    Seriously
    And thus the appeal of 3P stuff is starting to grow on me a whole lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    FunPub must be loving the whole Knights theme this year to help promote their convention to the masses (the local walk-ins), from the Movie and Comics... making me think that the "Knights Vs Pirates" theme was chosen because they knew last year that it was one of the two main themes with the Brand this year (the other being Dinobots).
    That's crossed my mind as well
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'm not usually a fan of this kind of thing... you can keep your "shattered glass" and "pirates" and whatnot... but I find these strangely cool in a ridiculous kind of way. Completely stupid way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the brand, granted, but I'm finding it a shame I'll never likely own a set due to cost. Unless the negativity towards them ends up equating to high availability and lower prices!

Worst thing about this set would have to be the lack of a drummer.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    FunPub must be loving the whole Knights theme this year to help promote their convention to the masses (the local walk-ins), from the Movie and Comics... making me think that the "Knights Vs Pirates" theme was chosen because they knew last year that it was one of the two main themes with the Brand this year (the other being Dinobots).
    I was wondering that as well the other (k)night. It just seems too much of a co-winky-dink for them to fluke it. Unless they are just really late on jumping on the "Pirates of the Carribean" bandwagon... Could be
    Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Worst thing about this set would have to be the lack of a drummer.
    THIS! Yes, why no drummer????

The thing that's truly outrageous is that it spoils the end of the MTMTE comic: turns out Rodimus just really wants to go to a cover band rock concert...

It's cool and perhaps worth it at it's normal cost due to its uniqueness factor but with the import costs and scalper prices that we will have to deal with pushes it far out of value range.

What?!? $190 is terrible. It was on Entertainment Tonight, so I bet a bunch of people will go out a buy it, thinking it good 'value'.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Easy pass. I wouldn't buy these even if they were regular store releases.

I think someone at Hasbro keeps leaking April Fools' jokes. Knights of Unicron. Platinum Edition Silver Knight Optimus Prime. Age Of Extinction.

I do not think I could love anyone who does not think this is awesome ridiculousness.