Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BEWARE: Anime Export

Default BEWARE: Anime Export

Hi guys, I would like to warn you about Anime Export and of late their dealings with me have been far less than satisfactory.

1. Ordered my Fort Max from them and it arrived missing the small green triangle cockpit window.

2. Ordered Frenzy & Buzzsaw was instead sent Rumble & Jaguar

I sent no less than 10 e-mails in the course of 2 months while initially they replied they'd be prompt in sending replacement part and the correct order for Frenzy & Buzzsaw, afterwards I have had no further e-mails from them and my subsequent e-mails was ignored.

To date it's been almost two months and the problems above have not been resolved.

Beware of AE, as of now I'm cutting off further purchases from them until I have a satisfactory resolution.

Anyone who has a suggestion as to these problems feel free to post and reply.

Sucks to hear mate.

I don't know what the solution is to be honest.... but if it was me I wouldn't let up, email them everyday if you have to.

As the old saying goes.... The squeaky door gets the oil.

Good luck

Sucks to hear this. I use and recommend Anime Export regularly. I have done so for many years and have always happy with their customer service.

Given the amount of time that has passed since the transactions I'd say your best bet is to begin a 'reverse chargeback' between you and your credit card provider and PayPal (assuming that is how you paid - a PayPal account linked to a credit card). You will need to go to your bank and provide proof of these transactions in order for them to consider the case - PayPal and AE receipts and emails between you and AE. Given the amount of time that has passed since you paid and contacted your bank this may no longer be an option.

I hope it all works out.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Hi guys, I would like to warn you about Anime Export and of late their dealings with me have been far less than satisfactory.

1. Ordered my Fort Max from them and it arrived missing the small green triangle cockpit window.

2. Ordered Frenzy & Buzzsaw was instead sent Rumble & Jaguar

I sent no less than 10 e-mails in the course of 2 months while initially they replied they'd be prompt in sending replacement part and the correct order for Frenzy & Buzzsaw, afterwards I have had no further e-mails from them and my subsequent e-mails was ignored.

To date it's been almost two months and the problems above have not been resolved.

Beware of AE, as of now I'm cutting off further purchases from them until I have a satisfactory resolution.

Anyone who has a suggestion as to these problems feel free to post and reply.
    That reminds me, I don't think I got any response other than "we will find you a replacement part from Takara" from AE for my Fort Max. Might go bother them again.

Yeh I think chargeback's a bit out of the question at the moment given almost 2 months have passed.

Worst comes to worst I'd have to find the replacement part on e-Bay - shouldn't be difficult and end up with a spare Rumble and Jaguar.

Luckily it's not an even bigger stuff-up on their part - considering I placed numerous orders with them in the past worth a hell of a lot it is a very disappointing end.

Going forward I will not recommend AE to any one and will stop placing further orders with them.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Yeh I think chargeback's a bit out of the question at the moment given almost 2 months have passed.

Worst comes to worst I'd have to find the replacement part on e-Bay - shouldn't be difficult and end up with a spare Rumble and Jaguar.

Luckily it's not an even bigger stuff-up on their part - considering I placed numerous orders with them in the past worth a hell of a lot it is a very disappointing end.

Going forward I will not recommend AE to any one and will stop placing further orders with them.
    If less than 2 months have passed you could possibly still open a dispute directly through PalPal. I think you have up to 60 days...

I think you have between 2 and 6 months to start a reverse chargeback through your bank. Definitely try PayPal first - it usually gets their attention pretty fast.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Paypal is 45 days.

It's still worth trying, if only so you have that paperwork to present to your credit card provider.

Assuming it was funded by credit card.

Was that the case? If it was done by via Paypal funded by credit card, you should have 3 months to contest the charge. This can vary, so call your bank.

Even if it was via debit card, you may still be covered, and probably will be. Again though, I can't say for sure without knowing specifics.

Don't delay though.

Many Fort Maxes had problems. This was a known issue that caused a delay. Anime Export should probably know about this, as you would probably not be their only customer in this position, if they were all first shipment.

Many thanks for all the replies guys, I'll double check my Paypal records to see how far back my payment was for the Rumble and Jaguar, I don't think it's worth contesting the Fort Max as it's only the small cockpit window that's missing, I'll try my luck on e-Bay.

My FM's been re-taped so even though they may have checked the weapons and accessories, they sure as heck did not check the robot itself.

In the meantime, I've tried sending AE another e-mail to the e-mail they provided on the Paypal contact details and also another message through their Facebook page (which hasn't been updated since March 18).

Interestingly, their own webpages are still updated with new products.

However from now on I'll stick to other sites such as Nippon-Yasan and Big in Japan, maybe more expensive but I'd rather than that bad customer service.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The extra tape means it was first shipment, and the rechecking wasn't done by Anime Export.

Most likely.

But the thing to do is ring your CC provider. Check the back of the card for the best number to contact.

Disputes can take awhile though. 6-8 weeks is common, and well within normal guidelines.