Page 37 of 154 FirstFirst ... 172732333435363738394041424757 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

TheDirtyDigger Guest

My latest Lego set.

Couldn't resisit when I saw it on the shelf. Fort Max doesn't really like him though.....

Got these in the last few days:

Lego Castle King's Castle Seige

Lego Club Magazine and 2009 Catalogue

Nothing really special for the first half of 2009 - seems like Power Miners is the big theme for 2009 with a whole 7 pages devoted to the line in the catalogue. New Pirates, Castle, Agents and Space sets are noticably absent so I'm guessing they wont be due down under until the 2nd half of 2009.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    New Pirates, Castle, Agents and Space sets are noticably absent so I'm guessing they wont be due down under until the 2nd half of 2009.

Are there even pictures out for the new Agents sets for 2009?

Awesome find Fungal. I'll assume you got it outside of retail? Hard to find that set.

And Digger. I thought that set was a bit overpriced for what you really get. I know there's a lot of peices for the base/stand but they always charge like 25% more for the Star Wars license.

From the past couple of years it appears taht Lego waves come in 3 distinct waves. Early on the year have a few sets from the last wave of the previous year mixed with a lot of new sets for the year. Then more new sets mid year, followed by a few more that overlaps to the following year.

I'm pretty sure Agents will see at least one more wave. Not sure they will have more after that to be honest. I was really surprised Exo-Force went for 3 years.

Got this as a Xmas pressie:

Set 10187. Pics when its done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    My latest Lego set.

Couldn't resisit when I saw it on the shelf. Fort Max doesn't really like him though.....

Saw him the other day in Kmart, but he really doesn't feel that heavy for such a big box/for such a large price. Any good, or was he a simple build?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Awesome find Fungal. I'll assume you got it outside of retail? Hard to find that set.

And Digger. I thought that set was a bit overpriced for what you really get. I know there's a lot of peices for the base/stand but they always charge like 25% more for the Star Wars license.

From the past couple of years it appears taht Lego waves come in 3 distinct waves. Early on the year have a few sets from the last wave of the previous year mixed with a lot of new sets for the year. Then more new sets mid year, followed by a few more that overlaps to the following year.

I'm pretty sure Agents will see at least one more wave. Not sure they will have more after that to be honest. I was really surprised Exo-Force went for 3 years.
    I'm pretty sure I read from either brickset or some other Lego site that there would be new Agents sets - there was even a listing for the 2009 sets with set numbers and descriptions. Just a bit disappointed that we have to wait till the later part of the year to score new stuff, particularly Pirates and the new space line. And yeah, I scored the Castle set from Legoshop.com - cheapest I could find MISB with shipping and since I bought other sets from them as well, shipping wasn't too bad.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Saw him the other day in Kmart, but he really doesn't feel that heavy for such a big box/for such a large price. Any good, or was he a simple build?
    Ah won't know for a few months yet mate. Not until we move house again. No room to put him anywhere if I did build it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read from either brickset or some other Lego site that there would be new Agents sets - there was even a listing for the 2009 sets with set numbers and descriptions. Just a bit disappointed that we have to wait till the later part of the year to score new stuff, particularly Pirates and the new space line.
    That's strange because the Pirate sets have appeared in stores in America. They should be at the Start with the new Star Wars, Bionicle, Farm and Power Miners (or what ever they are called)
    Agents and Space are understandable though because we haven't even seen pictures yet (right?)
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I was aware of new Agents sets listed. But I think the last wave of the line was so recent that it will be silly to release the new wave this early.

I haven't seen a single picture of new Agents sets or Space. I'm excited by what they are going to do with those two lines actually.

I wonder if there will be Castle sets this year? Or will the Pirate set be the "period" line for the year?