Thread: Hallmark's Transformers Christmas 2018 ornament is Starscream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hallmark's Transformers Christmas 2018 ornament is Starscream

2014 - Optimus Prime
    2015 - Megatron
    2016 - Grimlock
    2017 - Soundwave

The 2018 Hallmark Transformers Christmas ornament has been revealed, and it is Starscream.
    It will be released in July for US$16.
    Previous ones were not released in Australia, so if you want this one you will need to find this one from an American source.

Galvatran Guest

That's pretty impressive, even though the canopy looks short & stumpy.

(Hooked on Hallmark has Megatron on sale USD10)
    Last edited by Galvatran; 28th April 2018 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Price in USD

Do Hallmark ever do reissues or collection sets. the Optimus is not so easy to come by.

I'm pretty sure they haven't been released in Australia which is a bummer.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Galvatran Guest

I'm surprised there's no G1 Bumblebee yet (though there is a RID version). It's normally Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock & Megatron as a quartet.

Well, my Starscream ornament arrived from hooked on hallmark today, and the line continues to deliver. Starscream is a great addition to the ranks of Optimus, Megatron, Grimlock and Soundwave.

The construction of the ornament mimics the construction of the G1 toy closely. It honestly feels like a half size G1 screamer, to the point where it feels like it should transform!

The foot, torso and intake stickers are actual stickers this time around, with the knee and wing Decepticon symbols being tampographs. The paint is fantastic too.

Only real downside is the cost, all up about $45 posted out from the US, and there was no bio or character description on the box. But this one was symbolic for me as I was given Starscream for Christmas in 1985 so grabbing on was a non negotiable.

Wish I could post pics, but to be honest the stock photos do justice to this guy. 10/10 for this one.

Don't you mean Blitzwing?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Do Hallmark ever do reissues or collection sets. the Optimus is not so easy to come by.

I'm pretty sure they haven't been released in Australia which is a bummer.
    Alas no.
    Hallmark pride themselves on unique ornaments every year. They may redo another Optimus at some point but he would probably be a different version (eg movie) or a different pose.
    They're also very stubborn about refusing to open up their whole annual range globally which is and always has been very frustrating. (I've been collecting classic Disney hallmark ornaments when I've been able to find them for about 20 years).

I too missed out on the Optimus figure but I'm trying to collect as many of the others as possible thanks to friends in the US who have access to the stores.

It looks like Hallmark have been doing half-sized Transformers tree ornaments as well, as there are two Bumblebees out this year, as well as a re-release of the Optimus they released last year (which I had no idea about).
    But these smaller ones (and cheaper) are not as realistic as the larger ones in the first post of this topic, as they are more anime looking, and not very well sculpted and painted.
    Gen1 Optimus from last year.

Gen1 Bumblebee for this year, with Optimus re-released in a box.
    Movie Bumblebee for this year, as a Walmart exclusive.

that prime looks aweful.

I wish they'd release the entire line here (of the bigger ones), why oh why don't they??
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)