Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just remember people, this topic is for talking about the Solo Movie - either the actual movie, or its production & popularity.
    Then that would mean talking about psychopaths/sociopaths like Bowspearer has done would mean describing the aforementioned villains as Siths because after all, there is a reference to the Sith in Solo.

I saw it with my wife - I enjoyed it as did she. The movie did its job - focus on Han, Chewy and Lando. Zero care factor for others really. I got the feeling they were prepping for Solo #2 though.

What annoyed me though was the couple next to us brought in their takeaways and then started taking photos of it, my wife suggested I swap seats with her as my annoyance level was fast approaching tipping point!

Saw it, loved it !
    One of my fave Star Wars movies.

As for all the negativity and whether it was a bomb or not I could give a rats ass, I like what I like.

... and fanboy carry on makes me laugh
    Dapto Dog for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Saw it, loved it !

As for all the negativity and whether it was a bomb or not I could give a rats ass, I like what I like.

Yes, I am one of the massive fans deliberately not going to see it. But I love that other fans who are going enjoy it so much.

Great signature SS77
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Saw it, loved it !

Solo (like Rogue One) is a balanced affair. As a result it has enough of an old school feel and enough of a modern SFX feel that makes it better than TFA and TLJ which seem to be chasing the younger generations more than us oldies.

It’s a bit of a shame that the least controversial Star Wars film is suffering box office wise due to fallout from the most divisive one.

Solo was just plain fun, even if it seemed a little shallow on character building. I feel like Han’s backstory could’ve been fleshed out into a trilogy, rather than crammed into a solo (heh) movie.

I don't think we can blame Solo's box office woes entirely on the last film, did it have an effect? Sure but I think Solo and the franchise in general has it's own issues.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Solo (like Rogue One) is a balanced affair. As a result it has enough of an old school feel and enough of a modern SFX feel that makes it better than TFA and TLJ which seem to be chasing the younger generations more than us oldies.
    I'm one of those oldies, but having seen lots of films in my time makes me crave more in my movie experience. Solo plays it so safe it came across as mediocre for me, I'd rather the highs and lows (and both films have both) of TFA and TLJ than the tepid waters of Solo.

Still, I'm glad some people are enjoying it more than I did, I don't want Star Wars to go away, but maybe we can have a little less of it, make it special again.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They need to fix up their PR first and I mean Now.

I am no idea why would they not being instructed to just stay away from unhappy fans and just let them be? Instead adding more salt to wounds and making things go bad. < I am kinda of tired of any side of it.

For me I enjoy Solo more, it feels really star Wars halfway through but not at the beginning. I am hearing that they want to get Darth Maul back and into other movies.

A new sith also has been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    They need to fix up their PR first and I mean Now.

I am no idea why would they not being instructed to just stay away from unhappy fans and just let them be? Instead adding more salt to wounds and making things go bad. < I am kinda of tired of any side of it.

For me I enjoy Solo more, it feels really star Wars halfway through but not at the beginning. I am hearing that they want to get Darth Maul back and into other movies.

A new sith also has been announced.
    Darth Maul is dead and there's no coming back from that. Unless that was a sith clone that died in TPM or the one in Solo is the clone.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Darth Maul is dead and there's no coming back from that. Unless that was a sith clone that died in TPM or the one in Solo is the clone.

Darth Maul has been in the Clone Wars cartoon (set between Ep 2 and 3) and the Rebels cartoon (set just before Rogue One), which are both part of the Movie Universe... and the Solo movie is set between Ep 3 and Rebels, so Maul is alive during that time. (how he survived Ep1 was explained in the Clone Wars cartoon)

Spoilers... maybe....

Ep 1 - introduced and then cut in half at the waist

Ep 2

Clone Wars - returned with the lower half being cybernetic (remember, most of Darth Vader was machine as well, so it is possible to survive losing half your body if your will, and force power is strong enough to keep you alive long enough to be saved)
    Ep3
    Solo Movie - cameo as the head of a criminal organisation

Rebels cartoon - appears, proclaims that he is no longer a Sith, and later dies at the hands of Obi Wan.
    Rogue One
    Ep4.... and so on.