View Poll Results: BH VOY Optimus - worth buying?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 35.29%
  • Only if...

6 35.29%
  • Not worth it

4 23.53%
  • I'm not even interested

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime Review

Default Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime Review

He's big, he's imposing and he has two stress marks so he's going back to Myers tomorrow.

If you buy him be sure to check if the grey flaps that tab into the truck cab move easily. If they're tight just stop and take the toy back to where it was purchased. I also found when I pegged the cannon into the fender that makes up the toy's back it created a nasty big stress mark.

Which is really sad because BH Prime is a really nice figure, however, Hasbro has opted to use a cheaper, softer plastic and relaxed it QC.

Hopefully I can exchange it for another that is in better condition :-\

Ben Yee's review
    ...Ben's always been a rather optimistic reviewer, but even he's conceded to what appears to be some crucial flaws in this toy, which includes (according to him):
    + Inadequate paint decos
    + Gaps in the vehicle mode
    + NO symbols?!? (say it ain't so! Surely Hasbro wouldn't repeat the same mistake they made on Animated Voyager Prime!)

I can't say I'm sold on getting this toy. Only if it turns out that Prime's gonna appear in the show like this (which seems likely), and even then, I'd rather wait until I find it on sale. I've paid full RRP for previous TFP Voyagers (including Megatron)... not in the mood to do so again any time soon. :/

Well I exchanged my beast prime for a new beast prime. The new one has a stress mark on the same side as the old one. So I started a minor mod thread in repair bay forum. It just irks me that this toy will probably break on a kid and that's unfair, I'm an adult with disposable income I can replace stuff like this.

I hadn't noticed the lack of badgeness...

I saw the Commander Class figure of this toy today... seriously thinking about getting him and skipping the Voyager altogether. I already have Voyager FE Optimus Prime... don't really see the need to have another TFP Voyager OP toy.

hmm is it just me but are these new BH figures altogether using a "rubbery"kinda plastic? feels really cheap.. MInd you I don't wanna pick up this Optimus version, I just don't feel this look at all. IM content with the original release.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I don't mind the rubbery plastic so much... kinda gives a more Monster Pretender-esque organic feel. I like the alt mode of BH Optimus Prime as a CoE truck instead of a long nose truck... but I can't justify getting another Voyager Class Optimus Prime. I already have 3 TF Prime Optimus Primes! (FE Voyager, FE Deluxe and Cyberverse Commander)

So yeah, coupled with the dubious reviews I've read (also the lady at Myer commented about how she felt that Voyagers are really dropping in quality too), I think the Commander Class BH Optimus Prime might be best suited for me.

I'm sad to hear about the flaws in this toy. I think it's a really fun design and I was looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I'm sad to hear about the flaws in this toy. I think it's a really fun design and I was looking forward to it.
    From what I've seen and read, it sounds like this toy was a poor execution of a good idea.

After fixing this guy and having it for a week or so it has grown on me.

To be honest it feels like it's teething problems with the change in plastic qualities and lack of paint application. Maybe there will be a swing back to stickers (doubtful) but I think we'll probably see better toys later in the line.

As it is I'm only getting a few bots and cons with primary interest in the predacons and Cyberverse figures.

Just bought Commander class Beast Prime. Oh. My. Glob. This thing is incredible. Kicks voyager @$$!