Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: Deviations

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Optimus never deserved such a poor ending and I STILL blame Hot Rod for it so if they can make some kind of amends I'm all for it.

I don't mind them killing Optimus, but I would prefer to see him go down fighting or his death have more meaning than the original.

It's PAINFULLY obvious what would have happened if Optimus had not died in the animated movie and I don't expect this comic to deviate from that:

*Optimus kills Megatron. Has a realization "Holy s**t! I've been fighting this guy for 9 millions years and I killed him! I finally f***ing killed him"
    *Unicron shows up. Optimus - full of vim and vigour from killing his arch enemy simply flies down Unicrons maw, opens the matrix and destroys him.
    *Optimus has another realization "Holy fraggin s**t! I killed a god! I killed a f***king god! I'm awesome!"
    *Optimus then goes around killing all the Decepticon leaders - Shockwave, Starscream, Soundwave etc. All the remaining Decepticons go into hiding or run like hell!
    *Optimus decides that now the Cybertronian Wars are over and he is so cool that he better go from planet to planet making sure that "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" and slagging the crap out of any planetary government (including Earths) that doesn't fully practice it. Puts Autobots in charge of the planets to maintain the 'freedom'.
    *The Universe finally free (under his control) Optimus gets bored. Marries Elita-1, gets bored, cheats on her with Arcee. Argues that if he can kill fricken gods and 'free' the universe he can do whatever - and whoever - the hell he likes!
    *Now divorced Optimus demands a bride from each 'liberated' planet. To make sure they are compatible with his biology he has each alien bride retrofitted to be half femmebot.
    *Gets bored again, finds the core of Primus within Cybertron. Merges with it, takes it over, mechaforms Cybertron into a giant celestial body for himself.
    *Spends the next few million years floating through space in his planet sized body while his millions of alien-femmebot hybrid wives live on his surface and spend all day every day giving every inch of him a damn good buffing and spit polish.

I mean, c'mon people, who didn't see that ending coming eh?

Wow, that's certainly an interesting alternate timeline there

Trev you have put way to much thought into that

I think someone's had a touch too much radium in their dirty mech fluid...

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Wow, that's certainly an interesting alternate timeline there
    Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Trev you have put way to much thought into that
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    I think someone's had a touch too much radium in their dirty mech fluid...
    I just think it is the logical progression of what would have happened ifPrime hadn't died

I have zero doubt you will see this exact storyline in the comic next year

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I just think it is the logical progression of what would have happened ifPrime hadn't died

I have zero doubt you will see this exact storyline in the comic next year
    Lets hope so... It would be an interesting read

Preview (courtesy of Newsarama):

Will read this, but that last panel doesn't sit right with me... I guess it comes down to whether the other Decepticons were dead by this time (which is possible in TFTM and slightly more canon in other TFTM related materials) or not.

Or maybe it's because I wrote a Transformers Mosaic on this topic years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    *Optimus decides that now the Cybertronian Wars are over and he is so cool that he better go from planet to planet making sure that "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" and slagging the crap out of any planetary government (including Earths) that doesn't fully practice it. Puts Autobots in charge of the planets to maintain the 'freedom'.
    You know whats scary? I wrote the above as a spoof last year and now it seems to be the story arc of the ongoing Transformers comic "All Hail Optimus", with Optimus annexing Earth in order to maintain their 'freedom'

I just knew this was coming. Wonder if the writers read my post?