Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930313646 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    So this happened....

https://www.facebook.com/ActionRobo/...type=3&theater

If this is true, the RRP prior to discounts will be 50,000¥!

Masterpiece collecting is starting to feel kinda like those awful mobile games that suck people in for free early on and then increasingly bleed them until people give up.

Don't know if I can keep ordering doubles of these.

Other news from this is that it's been designated as MP-44 and will be released in August 2019.

Did you order doubles of MP-10a? If you did, then ordering MP-44 double would not be an issue.

We're now moving into the high end premium BANDAI Chogokin robot price range for this.

As much as I like this figure, Optimus has been overdone to death and I can't justify the purchase.

Glad I bailed early in the masterpiece range.
    Time to focus on 3rd party bots (yes, much to the disdain of some. Lol).

Quote Originally Posted by micfox001 View Post
    Did you order doubles of MP-10a? If you did, then ordering MP-44 double would not be an issue.
    Nope don't have the elusive Green BAPE. Have doubles of grey BAPE but even that was way cheaper than this and was limited release so you expect to pay more. This is a retail release for crying out loud.

Using the 10% discount and some store credit, I got mine down to $515aud from Robotoyz. I'm happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    ... I’d like to know more about the quality of materials and paint apps before committing.
    Yeah, and even then, a $500+ figure is no guarantee that it's going to be free from QC issues -- a la Dinobot's sh!tshow shoulders.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I still don't have MP10 so I may get this... I'm just sick of Prime though and would much rather many other characters to get their turn. Surely we don't need a new Prime every 3 years?

I really hope 3p's don't think they can push the price up on their items due to this.

On Prime mk3, while he looks impressive. If I may nitpick, I really don't like the heels. looks like he's wearing a pair of cowboy boots and on certain angles looks like the back heel is floating.

If a Masterpiece Titan-class figure ever comes out, imagine what the price might be

Banks could start doing 'Toy Loans' as opposed to Home Loans

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I've never really wanted that level of cartoon devotion though but obviously a lot of people do and that's fine. Likely pass for me.
    ↑ Exactly this!

This toy isn't meant for everyone. If you don't want it or can't justify spending this much on it, then just don't get it. Just as many of us skipped toys like MP9 or G1 Fortress Maximus etc.

I've heard that at least one online retailer has already sold 8 of these on pre-order just today, so clearly there are people interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Banks could start doing 'Toy Loans' as opposed to Home Loans
    A 'subprime loan' perhaps?

Expensive but the promo shots look great.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Great looking MP for those who love the "walked straight out of the toon look". I don't personally and prefer MP-10. Still, many are going to love this figure. I like a lot of the accessories too, especially the Jetpack and human figures. Not a fan of the Starscream bits though.

As unpopular as my opinion will be, I think MP-44 looks even more toon than MP-36. To me MP-36 can still work with MP-10 but there is a huge difference between MP-10 and MP-44. Just the general slide to 100% toon from MP-22 to MP-44. Either way, lots of people will love this figure, even with its hefty price tag.