Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm appearing a bit early at US TRU

lets stick to toy discussion... no need lessons on ethics to language to equality pls.....

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...you do know that Jap is considered a racial slur against Japanese people, right? You can just abbreviate it as "JP" if you can't be bothered typing out "Japanese", as that is an officially accepted abbreviation (e.g. .jp, JPY etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    lets stick to toy discussion... no need lessons on ethics to language to equality pls.....
    A quick "btw this can offend" isn't out of place though. Gok has lived in Japan & so is in a position to provide this insight.

Back to Masterpieces please

/mod.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Word from America now seems to be that people can't find Soundwave in stores. It's sold out on the the TRU website and they're NOT going to restock. The scalpers got'em all and they keep the cassettes and sell Soundwave by itself. So half of the Soundwaves floating around on ebay don't even have the cassettes.

Guess this does not bode well for us since every man and his dog in the country is trying to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Guess this does not bode well for us since every man and his dog in the country is trying to get it.
    Hopefully if/when he turns up here he doesn't move all that quickly; both Starscreams & Rodimus were available for at least a couple of weeks at our TRU stores. The Primes also hung around for a while. The scalpers aren't quite out in force here like in the US of A.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It is what I worry about but we can only do this much. Just hope we can get one each.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Hopefully if/when he turns up here he doesn't move all that quickly; both Starscreams & Rodimus were available for at least a couple of weeks at our TRU stores. The Primes also hung around for a while. The scalpers aren't quite out in force here like in the US of A.
    I guess like Prime, Soundwave has the character nostalgia effect. He's the guy everyone remembers so casual fans are equally eager as the hardcore fans. Last year I saw MP 10 in store only once and I read on the boards somewhere there weren't many Primes turning up on ebay after the release so presumably the majority were actually bought by fans/collectors. Add the scalpers on top of all this I just wish I'll have the same luck as I did with Prime last year (which I really doubt now..)

I guess like Prime, Soundwave has the character nostalgia effect.
    One thing that actually works in our favour in this respect is the high prices here; a MP at TRU isn't a trivial purchase for the casual fans & it's a deterrent to scalpers to an extent too. I guess we'll see what happens but if they last a week, picking Soundwave up should be fairly doable.

MP Prime had a re-stock/2nd shipment. But if it were only the 1st, many wouldn't have one.

I have little faith that I'll ever personally see a Masterpiece toy on Australian shelves. I'll secure one online.

Word from America now seems to be that people can't find Soundwave in stores. It's sold out on the the TRU website and they're NOT going to restock. The scalpers got'em all and they keep the cassettes and sell Soundwave by itself. So half of the Soundwaves floating around on ebay don't even have the cassettes.
    IMO the best thing for the fandom to do to counter this is NOT purchase toys off these scalpers. If more people became more adamant in refusing to pay above standard retail prices for current or recent toys then it would drive these scum out of business. Scalpers will only continue to supply their services so long as demand exists to warrant it.

I guess like Prime, Soundwave has the character nostalgia effect. He's the guy everyone remembers so casual fans are equally eager as the hardcore fans. Last year I saw MP 10 in store only once and I read on the boards somewhere there weren't many Primes turning up on ebay after the release so presumably the majority were actually bought by fans/collectors. Add the scalpers on top of all this I just wish I'll have the same luck as I did with Prime last year (which I really doubt now..)
    When MP10 first came out it sold like hotcakes, then for the next few weeks it was nigh impossible to find. But then when TRU restocked MP10s they became considerably easier to find and the stock didn't fly off shelves like it initially did - most like because that initial demand had been satiated. So might see that with MP Soundwave.

What Hasbro and TRU should really do is learn from MP10 and order more freakin' stock. But then again... they have had MPs who shelfwarmed too like Rodimus (who still sold slowly even after the price was reduced to $60) and the mother of all MP shelfwarmers, Ghost Starscream. I know that as fans we can see Soundwave having broader appeal as a well known early G1 character, but from a non-fan TRU retail purchaser's POV they may not be able to see the difference. :/