Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hasbro America Investor day for 2014

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    So who's avoiding everything news related about the new film like myself?, it's funny but I think I've only ever gone into the movie section of our boards a handful of times for that very reason.
    Honestly, I'm the complete opposite when it comes to TF spoilers, be it for the upcoming movies, new TV series, or comics. I want to know everything I possibly can about it before I watch the new Bay movie. I don't care if I know what happens at the end, who wins, who dies... in order to avoid disappointment or surprises, and to be prepared for such, I want to know what I will be getting into first, before I watch. I regret not doing so for the 2007 movie, with the way Jazz was handled... and other little surprises, it really did ruin it for me at the movie theater. So, no more surprises... I want to know everything about TF4, 5 and 6 before I see them. That way, if the story turns out to be something that I would enjoy, I don't have to be anxious while watching it, waiting for something bad to happen. On the other hand, if the story sux, then I will be mentally prepared for it, or perhaps choose not to watch it at all. TF DotM was a bit like that, with a mix of both; though the ending did surprise me I was still prepared for it a little bit. I don't know... I suppose it's because I'm kinda anxious about how the story and characters will be handled, I feel better knowing what I'm in for beforehand.

I avoid spoilers, but I would like to know which characters are going to appear in a movie so I know which toys to prioritise saving up for! The problem I encountered w/ Revenge of the Fallen was that I was keenly avoiding spoilers, and I ended up saving up for all the upcoming toys months in advance, so when the toys came out I just bought them all... but of course, a lot of them never appeared in the film. Had I known that beforehand I wouldn't have prioritised saving up for those figures.

This is a little off topic but:

I tend to avoid learning too much, I gave up trying not to learn anything because there is too much exposure on the sites that I go to for news. but I tend to gloss over most movie related news.

as far as a movie meeting expectations, I am pretty good at walking in to a movie without much in the way of expectations and just take it as it comes. I was genuinely surprised when they killed off Jazz. the most traumatising moment in Transformers fiction since they killed prime in the '86 movie. i was also genuinely surprised when the events leading to Ironhides death happened.

having said that, the hasbro sponsered news about Bumblebee in the final episodes of TFPrime did take some of the impact out of the last episode. I'm still pretty dark about that.

I love behind the scenes material though, I love the "this is how we did it" features, especially when it relates to practical special effects. which is why I make sure I get a special edition release for a movie if i can.

Regarding toys, that's a great point that Gok made, I tend to save up for the movie release material but I curb my spending untill I've seen it barring figures that I decide I want regardless or I am confidant will be in the movie.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)