0 0%
  • Only if (something else)

1 7.14%
  • No

2 14.29%
  • Not even interested

3 21.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Masterpiece Megatron (BW)

looking at these BW MP figures I absolutely love how they look. Which I find kinda interesting because I don't like the full blown 80s cartoon look Takara is going for with new G1 MP figures but the BW cartoon acuracy seems amazing to me. Maybe because I never had BW toys and the difference between the G1 toys and cartoon is so great.

Perhaps it may also be due to the BW cartoon models being relatively more toy-accurate than the G1 cartoon models. As we all know, Sunbow and Mainframe took two very different approaches to adapting the toys into show models but Mainframe was much more faithful to the toys than Sunbow ever were.

Sunbow: Prototype cartoon models initially drawn by Kohara Shohei later greatly simplified and further modified by Floro Dery.
    Mainframe: Used 3D scanners to scan the toys and then created CGI models based on those scans.

I got mine last week and I think he is a great figure but not worth the high asking price. He is a bit bigger than MP36 Megatron, both has tonnes of paint applications but G1 Megatron has much more parts and complex engineering, yet G1 Megatron is $200 cheaper (roughly).

The shoulder ratchet on my was broken out of the box too. The waist was really tight when I transformed him and I had to check a video to make sure it was supposed to extend. Otherwise, he is an impressive and imposing figure that captures the character model amazingly.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

It's a pity Takara has raised prices so much because I was really looking forward to getting this guy.

I suppose it's a blessing, since it lets me save for when they inevitably release BW Grimlock from Dinobot, he'll probably be $300 or something ridiculous. And I'll still get it anyway.