Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Holy Grails and Loose Ends

Quote Originally Posted by jgon2098 View Post
    Whatever I define my holy grail to be, and the reasons for doing so, thats completely up to me, wether thats because of PRICE/RARITY or sentimental value or attainability in the short-term is beside the point. Each collector has their own reasons for collecting, there is no rule saying why you should collect or what constitutes a holy grail, it is completely subjective and thats how it should be.

As you probably know, the 'released' G2 line is not that hard to collect, people were throwing them in for free with deals at botcons. The most valuable released ones is probably the orange devastator set, and even that is not that difficult to obtain. The g2 protypes menasor and defensor is what drives me to complete my collection. Most collectors are intrigued by rarity, and with rarity comes price. If you really need an 'unartificial' reason for me to justify my own holy grail, it is that these 2 prototype sets are actually carded, most prototypes are just fragile uncolourful loose figures that were used as initial moulds to the final toys.
    hmmm... hey... relax.

My statement was aspirational, on my part. Hence the 'I hope' rather than a 'you should' in the statement. And I only said that because of the number of times you mentioned money or a money figure in your post.

Didn't say that to compel you to give a reason

*wipes dust off thread*

My current grail is Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime. I've looked high and low and have yet to find this bugger!

Most recently acquired minor grail was POTP Blackwing. I'd given up hope on finding him and accidentally stumbled across him at ToyMate! Didn't even notice him but ThaPhantom found him hidden behind some other Deluxes.

I'd probably have to put Grand Maxiums MIB at the top of my grail list at the moment, I'm waiting for a trip to Japan to go proper toy hunting for him so he has extra meaning to me in the long term.
    I recently got G1 Bumblejumper which was a mini grail of mine, I don't buy much anymore but there are the odd figures here and there that I think yeah, I need to chase that up, however I tend to be patient to wait for a half decent price to come along.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

My G1 grail list is nearly all done. With any luck I'll be done by 2021, assuming I don't stumble across more that I "need"

Takara Megatron
    Battle Gaia
    Powermaster Prime MISB
    Bluestreak MISB
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Battle Gaia? Ooooff
    Say goodbye to sitting down for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Battle Gaia? Ooooff
    Say goodbye to sitting down for a while.
    Ya gotta do what ya gotta do
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Luck Draw MP-01 Gold OP - That is my grail. Whilst there are others that I am hunting and would be great to find, this is my one true grail.

Javasaurus Rex.

I don't even drink coffee, but I'm a sucker for alt modes that I consider to be great "robots in disguise." Man... if they even do a COOKED chicken for BotBots I would be really stoked

I've recently managed to score a long-time grail for a pretty decent price.

It's always been a "nice-to-have" rather than a "must-buy" so it never seemed worthy of the title "grail".

But a MIB Brave Maximus is currently coming my way.

Been looking for a CHUG Ratchet for a long time now. Hopefully with a bit of spare cash coming up soon ill finally be able to find once for a reasonable price as i know he can be a bit pricey.