Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers in Japan

I've finally tracked down where we stayed in Kyoto -> http://www.ikoi-no-ie.com/home-eng.html, just north of Higashi Hoganji

Nice place, has an event calendar of what's happening around Kyoto, shared facilities for most of the rooms but there are rooms with its own toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    What hotel did you stay at there? My GF & I are planning for a couple of days there but during the week
    During the week as far away from Tourist season as possible is best. You can reach most tourist spots easily using buses or trains. Navigation is easy enough if you get a map from the tourist info office.

I stayed in the New Miyako Can't recall the exact rate but it was the cheapest double room we got, even cheaper than Narita, and it made the room at Osaka and Hirsohima look bad in comparison, despite both those rooms being reasonable for the price paid.

I wouldn't recommend staying at a hotel near the JR station, stayed at the Capsule Ryokan and regretted it. The hotel was nice enough but the area around JR station is pretty bleak and is far removed from the good sightseeing locations.

Although JR station is a central transport hub it will take you 20 mins minimum to go anywhere interesting. If you're planning to see multiple locations, the transit times really do stack up. During busy times the bus rides are not pleasant at all. I do strongly recommend going to the tourist office in the JR station to get a bus map in english. The only real advantage to staying near JR is that you don't have to haul your luggage as far when you arrive and leave.

Shijo-dori (central-east part of the city) is the more central, prettier and livelier part of town. From there, its a much shorter commute to all the tourist spots or you can even do away with public transport completely if you're the walking sort, though I don't know what the weather is like in March. My friend stayed in a hotel around there and, in contrast, had a great time.

Default going to Japan

Hi Guys,

for anyone here who has been to japan,
    can they recommend any cheap/nice places to stay or visit, look for Transformers?
    "I was expecting a giant car."

[COLOR="STUFF FOR SALE [/B][/COLOR]

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

Which part(s) of Japan are you going to?

I'll be frank - my partner just purchased a ticket and told me i was going this Thursday. I have virtually no plan except to visit the tokyo toy show.

I'm guessing I'll go to Tokyo and Osaka and i wouldnt mind seeing the Himeji Castle.

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

Quote Originally Posted by kristofferrer View Post
    I'll be frank - my partner just purchased a ticket and told me i was going this Thursday. I have virtually no plan except to visit the tokyo toy show.

I'm guessing I'll go to Tokyo and Osaka and i wouldnt mind seeing the Himeji Castle.
    Cool.

HD just posted an awesome guide for shopping for Tfs in Osaka:
    http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com...-shopping.html

He also has previous posts on tokyo.. but I cant find the link right now.

How long you got? Akihabara is interesting, Shibuya, Harajuku are al close and have good shopping amoungst other things.

Lots of awesome castles and shrines in Kyoto and quite a bit around Himeji as well. I had an awesome history holiday when I was over there last!

Near Hakone in the vicinity of Mt Fuji is a sekijou. Which they rebiult, its pretty much a travellers checkpoint set up in the Tokugawa era and is fascinating to walk around. there is also one of the Toy Museums in Hakone too, but it focuses more on Tin toys and earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Cool.
    HD just posted an awesome guide for shopping for Tfs in Osaka:
    http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com...-shopping.html
    He also has previous posts on tokyo.. but I cant find the link right now.
    Thanks GD - this is actually very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    How long you got? Akihabara is interesting, Shibuya, Harajuku are al close and have good shopping amoungst other things.
    Lots of awesome castles and shrines in Kyoto and quite a bit around Himeji as well. I had an awesome history holiday when I was over there last!
    Near Hakone in the vicinity of Mt Fuji is a sekijou. Which they rebiult, its pretty much a travellers checkpoint set up in the Tokugawa era and is fascinating to walk around. there is also one of the Toy Museums in Hakone too, but it focuses more on Tin toys and earlier.
    hey TC, Im not even too sure what my budget is going to be like. All i know is im being sent there without any plans, for about 3.5 weeks. hoping there's nice cheap accomodation or something like that. I should get a map and plan a circuit though i heard the transportation is expensive.

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

Hey guys, I'm currently doing up business cards for an upcoming trip to Japan, can anyone tell me the correct characters/translation for:
    Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Cultural Studies
    and
    Graduate Diploma of Education (Adult and Tertiary)?

I've managed to get most of my translating for them done using Google Translate and cross-checking with a Japanese phrasebook, but the uni qualifications are proving a bit tricky.
    Cheers all.