Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34444950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: WWE/WWF/TNA/Wrestling discussion thread - (may contain spoilers!!!)

Given the fact that WWE has had to give out paper to get their big arenas full in the US in recent years I wonder how much paper they will have to give out to get the MCG full.

For those that don't know wrestling terms "paper" means free tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I was pretty cheesed off with the end to the rumble PPV. Asuka made history by being the winner of the first womens PPV, then they totally diminished it by bringing out Lousey Ronda Rousey.
    I take it Ronda is one of the villains, right? Because based on her UFC days, I can't for the life of me see her as one of the goodies.

Well I guess Kane is never going to be in the WWE again, now that Glenn Jacobs has been elected the mayor or Knoxville.

I think the worst thing to happen to WWE was Jericho v Kenny Omega. I, like so many people I talk to tuned into Wrestle Kingdom 12 for that match. I am so hooked on NJPW now. It's not just the Western wrestlers like Bullet Club I am finding myself drawn to almost all the wrestlers. The final of the G1 Climax had a good twist with Hiroshi Tanahashi beating Kota Ibushi. I think I prefer it to WWE because they tell their stories in the ring. They don't need half a show of promos to help get their stars over.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Galvatran Guest

Channel SBS showing Andre the Giant documentary.

I just had a look at the seat map and prices for the MCG house show WWE is putting on. $1500 for a good seat, but if you spend $40 you get a seat so far away from the ring it will be like watching flies have a wrestling match.

They are treating it as a PPV rather than a house show but still $1500 is much higher than I expected, I think my young fellas and I will instead enjoy it via the Network. The show looks like a great card although I have been annoyed by the hype for the Taker/HHH final match, both guys are well past their prime and it shouldn't be the main focus of the show.

Has anyone here been collecting the retro hasbro style figures from Mattel? If so just wanted to ask if anyone has spotted locally any of the lines after series 3 (AJ/Goldberg/Rollins/Ambrose) ? The only series I have seen here were series 1 & series 3 (they seemed to have missed 2) everything else I have had to import which is driving the price per figure from $15 to the $30/$40 mark.

Galvatran Guest

Anyone went to see the event at the MCG last week?

I can't make up my mind on AEW.

Sometimes it sounds like it's going to be a great, accessible "indie" promotion.

Other times it sounds like another WCW, and we all know what happened to WCW it's reincarnation TNA.

Hopefully, it's going to be on Foxtel so I can watch it and see what it ends up being.

Anyone see that ****** attack Bret Hart at the HOF ceremony?