Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RiD Vehicon - will he really be that hard to find locally?

Decepticon Guest

Going by the amount of wave 1 Primes (Cliff, BB etc) still shelfwarming over here in Perth, still yet to see Ratchet, Knockout so will never see a Vehicon in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Going by the amount of wave 1 Primes (Cliff, BB etc) still shelfwarming over here in Perth, still yet to see Ratchet, Knockout so will never see a Vehicon in my lifetime.
    Exactly my concern...

I still remain hopeful! It's the only figure I'm concerned about because of the army builders.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Exactly my concern...

I still remain hopeful! It's the only figure I'm concerned about because of the army builders.
    Exactly. Remember how 'rare' Soundwave was thought to be at first? Now I you can get him quite easily off the shelf. The only thing we really have to worry about is shelfwarmers preventing new stock refreshments.

Prime toys have only been on shelves since March/April, to call anything in the line a shelf warmer yet is really jumping the gun a little.

We have only had a few sightings of some newer wave items at TRU, and a couple Toy Worlds. The Prime show and line will be goig for at least another year and a half till the next movie comes along, probably longer.

there is plenty of time for the later waves to get here and distribute, look at how many places had heaps of Generations figures around Christmas, Kups, warpaths, wheeljacks, Thundercrackers etc, they first showed up here in the first quarter of last year.

There is heaps of time, if you rush out and buy online now, you're only going to see the same things you buy online in shops for the next 12 months.

the FE prime toys were a bit of a special exception, I wouldn't apply that situation to the rest of the prime series.

Chilax kids.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I noticed you didn't include Scourge in that list of Xmas Shelfwarmers Um, wise choice heheheheh

Exactly my concern...

ouch ... ....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I noticed you didn't include Scourge in that list of Xmas Shelfwarmers Um, wise choice heheheheh

ouch ... ....
    Actually I've seen a couple scourges here and there also.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    ouch ... ....
    Heh! I only say that coz I intend to army build myself

Heh! I only say that coz I intend to army build myself
    Well, if the figure isn't going to be much available due to the way retail is here... I['m hoping by the time I go back for a holiday in Phils next year Ill see plenty and just horde up from there ... I'd definitely raid Greenhills or hopefully SM would be on sale of the stuff by then - their sale price IS sale price, unlike "sale" price here
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Damn why didn't I think of that? I have a cousin going up to the phils in November for 4 months. I should just ask him to keep a look out. Green hills ftw!

Damn why didn't I think of that? I have a cousin going up to the phils in November for 4 months. I should just ask him to keep a look out. Green hills ftw!
    Well there you go then. At least you now have a back up plan. Better give him a good budget then heheheh.

There's a lot of toyshops one next to each other in Greenhills - 2Rats, hobbypoint, etc particularly Shoppesville Plus area

Here's a 360º shot of the shoppeville plus floor - hobby shops

- and then there's the group on the second floor next to the cellphone floor shops which is just there once you up the stairs in one straight row - Greattoys, Wasabi Toys etc all at Greenhills

Since he's going to be there long he will definitely see a sale in SM Megamall so best to keep his eyes peeled as well coz it will be cheaper at times in common retail when on sale - and of course , Toy Kingdom - which is in Mega A side ground floor. They always keep a massive TF section display from what Ive seen in the times Ive been there during my past holidays...

This was June last year - but just to give you an idea

Since he will be there November he will definitely see an announcement for the annual Toys and gifts fair at Megamall as well during December - it's only on one December weekend but it's worth a looksee at the Mega trade hall (again Megamall).

This was way back 2009 - 1 hall for toys and the other 3 halls for gifts, food stuff etc...I just took photos of the toy area