Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FansToys FT-15 Willy (Hound)

Although this does look a bit more G1 toon, I still really like Maketoys effort as well, I think either would make a great Hound.

I wish there were some scale photos though, my biggest gripe about Maketoys version is how over sized the alt mode looks, personally I've always seen Hounds as being the smallest of the non minibot carbots seeing as how he seemed to struggle fighting (toon) Rumble who is one of the smallest cons.

I also think Taktom will make an MP Hound at some point, but I don't know if that really means as much these days to the plans of 3rd party, the 3rd party company making those MP vanbots doesn't seem at all deterred by the official ones. And after the last run of MP like 3rd party toys I picked up and MP Tracks, the only real difference these days seems to be that tampo faction symbol.

I will stick with my Maketoys, the FT one has skipped legs day at the gym too many times

It looks pretty good and has much cleaner lines than Gun Dog, though maybe he's a bit lithe (Gun Dog being a bit too bulky). They definitely need to work on their face sculpts tho... lips are way too pronounced.

Given price factor and increasing likelihood of an official version soon enough, my interest in these has dropped quite a bit though.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Only way it will hurt them is if they release prototypes, have invested a lot of time and money into the project and its in production then TT release news of an official version. That is likely to kill a lot of sales other than those who have already picked it up on pre-order. I noticed that Fan Toys might be anticipating this as not-Galvatron is on pre-order for a Sept. 16 release. If I was them I'd want to get as many pre-ordered as possible.

Now on the actual topic, I will probably pick this up even though I'm confident an official version will be released. I love the way Fan Toys have created their pieces and being a little OCD I must have them all! Just not a fan of the feet...
    this will be higher quality seeing rubber tyres and all, which is what a masterpiece is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    this will be higher quality seeing rubber tyres and all, which is what a masterpiece is supposed to be.
    Rubber tyres split over time. Given I have no plans to sell my MP collection and that I display them in bot mode most of the time, plastic tyres suit me fine.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

It's not actually rubber anyway, more likely soft vinyl i.e. a plastic.