Page 230 of 481 FirstFirst ... 210220225226227228229230231232233234235240250 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

I bought a Transformer off of eBay a while ago and it still hasn't arrived >.<
    I bought it on the 3rd, he sent it on the 5th it's still not here

(Yeah I'm impatient)

That's nothing, I paid for something on the 14th and have still yet to hear if it's even been posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I bought a Transformer off of eBay a while ago and it still hasn't arrived >.<
    I bought it on the 3rd, he sent it on the 5th it's still not here

(Yeah I'm impatient)
    where is it coming from and what type of postage did you get? most international stuff I get takes a good two weeks by regular post. unless it's from Canada, then it could take months, years or even aeons.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    That's nothing, I paid for something on the 14th and have still yet to hear if it's even been posted!
    wow, that's much worse

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    where is it coming from and what type of postage did you get? most international stuff I get takes a good two weeks by regular post. unless it's from Canada, then it could take months, years or even aeons.
    It's coming from Malaysia, (umm, Economy Int'l shipping)

My friend at work had a birthday present sent from his twin in december 2011 and he's still waiting on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Wow, that's pretty poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post

It's coming from Malaysia, (umm, Economy Int'l shipping)
    I would think maybe in the next week you should expect something, much longer and I'd be emailing the sender for postage details.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    My friend at work had a birthday present sent from his twin in december 2011 and he's still waiting on it!!
    Iiii, don't think that ones going to make it...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

i'm sure it's been said before but i'm sick of ebay and the ignorant, rude, scamming, dumb _ _ _ _ s that seem to inhabit it..
    been scammed more this month than ever before. it's just like everyone has jumped on the vintage toy selling band wagon and doesn't know what is what when it comes to selling their crap.

Aholes

Oh God what a day. Woke up utterly buggered after a restless, nightmare-filled night. Spent the whole weekend making flash cards so am wiped out this week, but decided against taking a sick day 'cos my kids still need English lessons, this school especially. I have the 6th grade and another ALT has the 5th grade.
    Got to (Tuesdays-are-often-Hell) elementary school, and my 6th grade sensei suddenly discovered that they don't have the DVD that goes with the textbook for my Elementary school classes, and unlike last year's textbook this one needs the DVD for a lot of the activities. So after I frantically do up a new activity set and search the English Room, it turns out the DVD was with one of the other sensei all along - though why a 5th grade sensei decided to hang on to it is beyond me. Either way, a whole lot of work wasted there.
    Of course no-one had bothered to print off the flash cards I'd prepared for our current lesson either.
    Had one of my scheduled lessons suddenly cancelled, which I found out about 5 minutes into when it was supposed to be starting.
    The next lesson was with the difficult class for this school, the one with the homeroom sensei whose contribution to helping the Assistant Language Teacher is to sit at the back of the classroom and nurse what appears to be a perpetual headache. Seriously, it's like being an assistant to a corpse, while trying to teach 35-odd rowdy and/or apathetic kids in a language you barely speak. Anyway, after leisurely going off and getting the computer he didn't have ready to go, it turns out we didn't have a spare cable to plug it into the monitor anyway, so that was a bust. If it weren't for his absolute lack of giving-a-crap-ness it would have been really difficult; as it was he pretty much lets the kids run riot (and they would if I didn't keep things running moderately smoothly) so everything takes twice as long as it should.
    Today's upside is one of my other sensei is awesome and has good kids this year, so we had a really good class there. But still, it's only Tuesday and I'm utterly wiped out, and it'd be really nice to have supposed superiors who could just have the basic stuff I need to make lessons work ready with a week's notice. What they'll do if they get a new, fresh-off-the-plane ALT in a few months when we ALTs change schools is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    i'm sure it's been said before but i'm sick of ebay and the ignorant, rude, scamming, dumb _ _ _ _ s that seem to inhabit it..
    been scammed more this month than ever before. it's just like everyone has jumped on the vintage toy selling band wagon and doesn't know what is what when it comes to selling their crap.

Aholes
    I agree with you 100%, eBay is not what it once was because every Tom, Dick & Harry thinks that they're crap is worth a mint and they're owed a fortune but whom clearly have very little understanding of how to conduct themselves as a Buyer/Seller or how to actually do any proper research.

I have been finding examples like these growing in number over the past couple of years:
    • I have not had any contact from you since payment and it's now a week after your supposed postage period, what is the status of this item?

"I'm not at my computer 24/7, some people actually work so you'll be contacted when I'm good and ready".

• This item is only 3 years old and was sold at all major retailers; Your auction is marked "Make an Offer" but you wont accept $5 off the asking price even though it's set at twice the original RRP, why is that?

"This item is really rare, I've only seen it like twice on eBay in the past 3 years - Trust me, you wont find this item at this price again for a long time!".

• I'd be prepared to take this item off of your hands for it's actual value; it's missing 'this that and the other thing' and has a broken 'X', I don't mean to be rude but it's honestly not worth 'X'-ty dollars - Could we work something out?

"Umm, this is a rare toy from the 80s and I know for a fact that it is worth close to twice this amount - Don't waste my time, I'm over time wasters".

Then you get the mongrels who purposely sell fakes/knock-offs and get away with it, they get reported time and time again with little to no action taken by eBay... Yeah, eBay is useful without a doubt but it's often populated with morons and scammers these days.

Communication people, it can avoid so much turmoil regardless of which side of the fence (Buyer/Seller) you happen to be on - Oh and your broken, Internationally mass produced item is not bloody RARE! - manufactured in the last 40 years or not!

I'm gonna jump on the eBay hate wagon as well.

Been buying and selling on there for about 10 years and I completely agree with everything mentioned above. So much so that I've decided not to trade on there anymore. It's not worth the added stress IMO.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]