Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia > News > Optimus Prime's Movies News

Sightings/Sales

Old 24th August 2017, 08:41 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

The Japanese version has been shown in a recent Japanese hobby magazine, and it appears to have some very subtle differences to the Hasbro version.
Apparently it has a slightly different grey... and maybe some other minor differences like the MP Bumblebee.
Old 24th August 2017, 11:20 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

The rings around the feet are blue rather than silver on the hasbro version and the lights on the abs are yellow/gold.

Shame I missed out on the pre-order window for him
Old 28th August 2017, 11:08 PM

These pictures have the hinges below the windscreens hidden again, as opposed to the exposed hinges on the stock photos on the TakaraTOMY Mall website.

While the lighter grey blends better with the silver and is therefore more screen-accurate than the dark grey of the Hasbro version, this grey plastic seems kind of dull. The slightly darker grey plastic of the stock photos looked better, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
Shame I missed out on the pre-order window for him
You could look at Japanese retailers on eBay to see if any will be offering pre-orders - that's what I did for Calibur Optimus.
Old 17th September 2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
These pictures have the hinges below the windscreens hidden again, as opposed to the exposed hinges on the stock photos on the TakaraTOMY Mall website.

While the lighter grey blends better with the silver and is therefore more screen-accurate than the dark grey of the Hasbro version, this grey plastic seems kind of dull. The slightly darker grey plastic of the stock photos looked better, in my opinion.

You could look at Japanese retailers on eBay to see if any will be offering pre-orders - that's what I did for Calibur Optimus.
Oh mine is inbound...from amiami, them and hlj opened up briefly allowing me to snag one.

The pictures floating around match the show pictures but because they're from foreign sites dunno if the qc issues from the mass asia release are the same or not, looking forward to having him in hand
Old 19th September 2017, 10:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKt6l1Y1wr8

While mine arrives (Only just started shipping alongside mp artfire) been trying to understand this cross comparison since he's had both (he modified his hasbro release because of the gap issues).

All that I understood about the differences are

-More "complete" deco in robot mode (yellow spots on abs, blue rings on feet, and a TINY autobot tampo in the middle of the abs)
-Light grey plastic instead of the dark grey previously used which helps certain sections like the gastanks blend in better
-Box text differs such as name bar in Japanese and botton of box features Japanese warning box much like normal mp's and mpm03
-Manual differs (?) much like mpm03
-Something about the tray??? (kinda looks like he comes in truck mode and its in a proper clamshell but I've only seen prime standing upright in the english/asia version so no idea if this was a change or exactly the same but he pointed it out briefly)

Can't tell if the tabbing is any better or worse but he does point out a misaligned section on the truck cab, overall I cannot wait for mine to come!

EDIT:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76virLhQ5do

Another youtuber pulling him straight out of the BOX IN TRUCK MODE...but it features similar miss-tabbing, I presume they all have similar issues to the hasbro version out of the box or that's transport shuffling.

Only way to know is to transform him to robot and back it seems
Old 20th September 2017, 09:01 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Hasbro, had the window gap until the two door sections, joined, where tabbed in last.
Old 29th September 2017, 12:45 AM

As another guy in the vic thread pointed out we're getting mpm04 (hasbro version of course) at zing for $198 in October

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/to...-Toys--Gadgets

If you want to support local retail and or have a preference for the hasbro version its up for grabs.

I'll be picking up my japanese version tommorow and see for myself what the problems are like, really as long as bot mode holds im fine
Old 29th September 2017, 04:30 PM

If you want just for bot mode there is a high chance you will like it a lot.
I got the hasbro version sure the vehicle mode has some problems but robot mode is what i got it for.
Old 29th September 2017, 07:29 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
As another guy in the vic thread pointed out we're getting mpm04 (hasbro version of course) at zing for $198 in October

https://www.zingpopculture.com.au/to...-Toys--Gadgets

If you want to support local retail and or have a preference for the hasbro version its up for grabs.

I'll be picking up my japanese version tommorow and see for myself what the problems are like, really as long as bot mode holds im fine
I would love to support local business, I really would. But $198 for the Hasbro version?
Old 29th September 2017, 08:05 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

What can be done to protect the paint on his feet in robot form?