Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 9th August 2017, 11:19 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
just checked the MP Dirge i got from RK. Top of the box has been opened. If they cut the tape and double taped it i may let it slide but looks like tape has been pulled tearing the box. this may be my first and last

Edit: top of the box is crushed as well with some tear inside...
Damn that sucks. I got my Dirge from RK a wk ago and it was pristine .. was there maybe a random customs check along the way somewhere?
Old 9th August 2017, 11:50 AM

Take note though, Customs are allowed to open your seekers without your consent. Mine was opened for a Starscream.
Old 9th August 2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial_G View Post
Damn that sucks. I got my Dirge from RK a wk ago and it was pristine .. was there maybe a random customs check along the way somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifand View Post
Take note though, Customs are allowed to open your seekers without your consent. Mine was opened for a Starscream.
I dont think customs opened this as RK already replied my query:

"Thank you for your email.
It is very common for the factory to carry out random quality check before shipping out the item.
Unless otherwise specify, we did not opened the item before shipping out.
The MP-11ND is brand new from original carton box."

So is it a blame to Takara or Hasbro Asia? Well nevermind that is it good bye RK should have paid a bit more at Nippon Yasan
Old 9th August 2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
I dont think customs opened this as RK already replied my query:

"Thank you for your email.
It is very common for the factory to carry out random quality check before shipping out the item.
Unless otherwise specify, we did not opened the item before shipping out.
The MP-11ND is brand new from original carton box."

So is it a blame to Takara or Hasbro Asia? Well nevermind that is it good bye RK should have paid a bit more at Nippon Yasan
It is blame to the factory. This has nothing to do with the shop. It could happen from any store, whether it is RK, NY or HLJ.
Old 9th August 2017, 04:25 PM

Still, knowing collectors and the target audience, it is good practice to ask the customer if they want a damaged box. Even Australia's Shittiest Retailer(TM) states on their website if certain products have damaged boxes.
Old 9th August 2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
It is blame to the factory. This has nothing to do with the shop. It could happen from any store, whether it is RK, NY or HLJ.
From what i know factory cut the tape and tape it again that is why there are double taped items. I have never had any MP box delivered to me where tape has been torn just this one. I know this happens with MPs sold at TRU as ive seen almost all on clearance had the tape torn and retaped by TRU.
Old 11th August 2017, 10:17 PM

My MP Dirge arrived from RK and it looks fine to me regarding tape etc. You may have just gotten unlucky?

Old 16th August 2017, 06:21 PM

First time dealing with RK and it wont be my last. Just bought a PC-15 upgrade kit from them last Thursday and it's already arrived here from HK. Can't fault the service in the slightest and will happily deal with them again.
Old 16th August 2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
My MP Dirge arrived from RK and it looks fine to me regarding tape etc. You may have just gotten unlucky?
Yep unlucky first timer. Your box looks A OK as well come to think it took them two days to ship mine (which I understand since it aint EMS)

Last edited by ampoldj; 16th August 2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old 16th August 2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifand View Post
How do you mean by this exactly?

Ordered some gundam model kits from long ago and customs did a check, had the letter in there saying they've done an inspection and the model kits box was scratched like they flung a box cutter over the top and a tear mark across the sides as if they stuck some tape on the side of the model kit's box and just went TEEEAAAARR

They...can't get consent, they just carry on their checks and inform you after they've done it, I'd of course say no lol.
Of all the things to check they check a bunch of plastic sprues, truly a random search as any