Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soundwaves Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Yeah, TFW2005 really have some strict rules - Best inquire with the relevant Mod/s over there to see where it could be posted.

It came out quite well, I'd have to agree with KillingSpoon on the length of the intro though (I also believe that legally one can only use a maximum of 30secs of a song before official permission & royalties have to be sought ).
    Well, hopefully I'll be better this week - One can only hope.

Indeed, it'll likely be Transformers heavy but is certainly open to other lines & franchises; Also note peoples that "Shooting The Sh#t" is not the future coming "OTCAst: Transformers Radio Australia" Podcast that is in planning.
    indeed we will shorten the intro, and yes this is our personal podcast, The OTCAst is still coming
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

This weeks episode will be around the 3rd party explosion! Stay tuned
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Okay, so I got through it.
    I'm going to keep this brief as I have a lot to do.

Very well done, I agree with Hursti though. 20 minutes more prep time on his behalf would have been good! That being said, you guys both did well to keep the sh#t flowing

'We're at the 2.5 hour mark, so we should wrap up soon'
    >45 minutes later
    'Yeah, so this has been the first podcast. Stay tuned!'

Also, I thought that you left the microphones on after you finished, haha! You got me!

Seriously though, there is enough humour to keep my interest up and your topics were interesting. Very well done!

I paralleled what you (Kalel) talked about with regards to listening to podcasts whilst driving. During the final half hour I realised that I wasn't actually listening and then laughed

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    >45 minutes later
    So, exactly how long is this podcast? It's not seriously over 3 hours is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    3:22.21
    Err, that being said this has introductions/inspirations etc etc

Very well done, I agree with Hursti though. 20 minutes more prep time on his behalf would have been good! That being said, you guys both did well to keep the sh#t flowing

>45 minutes later

Also, I thought that you left the microphones on after you finished, haha! You got me!

Seriously though, there is enough humour to keep my interest up and your topics were interesting. Very well done!

I paralleled what you (Kalel) talked about with regards to listening to podcasts whilst driving. During the final half hour I realised that I wasn't actually listening and then laughed
    Cheers for the feedback dude!
    Indeed, this is our 1st one out of the stalls so there is much improvement to be made but constructive & fair criticism like this is exactly what we need to make it better.

I believe our next episode, covering the 3rd Party Explosion from TFCon, will be a step forward in improvement.

Indeed, there are sections in the 1st episode that won't be in following eps unless Guest Hosts are appearing; As I mentioned, alot of it is my fault as I only had 20mins Prep prior to recording and I only found out what we were recording 10-15mins prior to that.

After all, practise makes perfect and no one is perfect their 1st time off the blocks.

Please continue to give us feedback guys, its the only way we can get better.

>45 minutes later

thank you sir, glad you enjoyed it and hope you continue too. You may even be able to join in sometime
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

exactly, the next eps will prob be around the 2hr ish mark i'd imagine
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I've downloaded it, but 3 hours is a huge commitment to listen to!

The podcasts I follow tend to go for about 45-75 minutes per ep. Two hours of two men talking non-stop is a bit of a marathon. That's longer than an average movie!

If you record a podcast and it's really long, maybe have a think about breaking up into two editions and publish them a few days apart? Or stop after a hour and a bit, and come back to the topics you didn't get to discuss a few days later and you'll be fresh and ready to go again.

Anyway just some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    You may even be able to join in sometime
    Well, I'm pretty good at talking shit.

I've downloaded it, but 3 hours is a huge commitment to listen to!
    That was exactly what I thought, I just listened to it coming in/leaving the city over two days.

Another thing, I kept forgetting who was who and your voices began to sound the same to me That isn't your fault though, just an observation!