Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TFPrime Deluxe Wave 3 official toy pics

Default TFPrime Deluxe Wave 3 official toy pics

From BigBadtoystore we see the case breakdown of Wave 3 Deluxe, and the official toy pics (which are different to the photo-shopped official pics seen before).
    Scheduled for an April release.

The case of 8 with
    2x Knockout
    2x Hot Shot
    1x Vehicon
    1x Arcee
    1x Autobot Ratchet
    1x Bumblebee

Note that the Vehicon toy is going to be hardest to find when this wave hits retail, especially in areas that have a collector who will want to buy a few or a whole army.
    And of the first three waves, the only two Decepticon Deluxe toys have been shortest packed, with just one Soundwave in Wave 1, one Soundwave in Wave 2, and one Vehicon in Wave 3.
    Out of every 24 toys in the first three waves, we only have 3 of them being Decepticons.
    Where are all the Decepticon toys?

BBTS also have the set of three new figures listed for pre-order, and you can get a closer look at Knock Out and Hot Shot on their individual listings. (with only one Vehicon per case, it doesn't look like they could spare any to sell separately)

Hot Shot

Knock Out

Vehicon V2

Last edited by griffin; 17th March 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Decepticon Guest

Only x1 BB though in a case! Thats gotta be a first?I might grab a case as it will save me trying to hunt Them all down.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Note that the Vehicon toy is going to be hardest to find when this wave hits retail, especially in areas that have a collector who will want to buy a few or a whole army.
    And of the first three waves, the only two Decepticon Deluxe toys have been shortest packed, with just one Soundwave in Wave 1, one Soundwave in Wave 2, and one Vehicon in Wave 3.
    Out of every 24 toys in the first three waves, we only have 3 of them being Decepticons.
    Where are all the Decepticon toys?
    This infuriates me; if bad guys are so unlikely to sell that there is a need to short-pack them to 1 per case, what is the honest point in even making toys of any of them!?!
    It bothers me so much because Collectors are having to deny kids the opportunity of owning these great toys of highly memorable characters but it is through no fault of their own.

Hasbro really needs to re-assess it's supposed Market research, something is thoroughly wrong here.

Knock Out is a Decepticon too, and there are 2 in wave 3.
    So there are 5 Decepticons, and only a mere 7 Bumblebees in those first 3 waves

Aaaaand Preordered. Not missing out on anything Prime, especially not now I'm working two damn jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Knock Out is a Decepticon too, and there are 2 in wave 3.
    So there are 5 Decepticons, and only a mere 7 Bumblebees in those first 3 waves
    As Austin Powers once said, "How'd I miss those baby?"...

So, yeah... 5 Decepticons out of the first 24 toys, with Bumblebee still outnumbering all the Decepticon toys.
    21% are Decepticons (three different characters)
    29% are the one Bumblebee toy.
    Still wrong.

Perhaps as adult collectors we're out of touch with the pre-teen market is clamoring for Bumblebees? At any rate, the ratio of D's to B's is pretty crap.
    I ordered the 3-pack and I'll just have to keep my eyes open for any more Vehicons that come along. Maybe Wave 4 will pack in at least one more.

Dumb question perhaps... is this Vehicon the same as the one you brought to my place, griffin?

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

No, it'll be a new mould. The one he brought to your place was First Edition Vehicon.

FE Vehicon
    New Vehicon

I hope they'll release a toy of the jet Vehicon.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Dumb question perhaps... is this Vehicon the same as the one you brought to my place, griffin?
    All the characters that were released in the First Edition series are being given completely new moulds if they have another toy in that size class.
    So far we've had new forms revealed/released of every FE toy except Dlx Megatron, Dlx Optimus and Dlx Starscream.

FE figures:
    Bumblebee - in wave 1
    Cliffjumper - in wave 1
    Arcee - in wave 2
    Vehicon - in wave 3
    Starscream - none announced
    Optimus - probably none expected
    Megatron - probably none expected
    -
    Voy Optimus - in wave 1
    Voy Bulkhead - in wave 2

For comparison, the two Vehicons: