Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rid minicons

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Rid minicons

I bought dragonus the other day. At $10 it was a little expensive, $5-8 would be better for what you are actually getter minus any quantifiable articulation. But they are still fun, and one of the better replacements for the cassettes.

We have 4 different humanoid characters, a dragon, a wolf, a bat?, a gorilla, a biped dino and a scorpion. Some designs better than others.

What other animals would you like to see. I would like to see a hammerhead or a squid : )

Also, it would be cool if maybe 2 combined into a larger robot ala grandslam.

Thoughts

That Grandslam idea would be cool.

IMO the beast ones look the best, especially Velocirazor (the Dinosaur from Wave 2) and Ratbat (the bat from wave 2)

Where can I find them. Locally I only have a Big W and they don't have them.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    That Grandslam idea would be cool.

IMO the beast ones look the best, especially Velocirazor (the Dinosaur from Wave 2) and Ratbat (the bat from wave 2)

Where can I find them. Locally I only have a Big W and they don't have them.
    I agree that the beast ones do look good. I remain unconvinced on velocirazor, but ratbat is a purchase.
    These are fun little gimmick toys, I just hope there are plenty of them. Not just the 10 we have now. They can always introduce new shapes to continue the line. The cassettes were always my favourite concept. Maybe they could have a subline that is just these minicons. In usa, they are $5, I hope the price drops below $10 here if only so I can buy them without thinking ... hmmm

Love em!!

I quite enjoy how they can come up with a lot of different creatures given the same shape in altmode - a Teardrop shape for the cons and Pachinko shape for the autos...the lack of articulation at first bothered me but I've learned to accept it. Love the accessories each figure comes with. Ive been trying to google the combined mode for all the accessories. I read somewhere that it does combine into another minicon of sorts...but can't find it again

Apparently Parramatta TRU has em out now (as per fatbot) right after I bought mine online coz I was not quite sure we'd ever get them, sigh. I have the first four in hand, the second 4, I had purchased for me by my friend overseas ( Philippines) as it has been out on local retail there for about 2 months now. So all secured for me but I'll be getting those by next year when I go for holidays...

As for creatures to come up with, hmmm a crab, a different dragon (for the Pachinko shape) a bear, a beetle of sorts, a spider, and a quadruped dino, wouldn't hurt for a pterosaur too..

Now some pics - my fave so far is Dragonus

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I'm interested in these guys. And really want to like them.
    But $10 just seems like way too much for what they are when I can spend $3 less and buy a far superior legion figure. (Which I have now started doing as impulse buys)

I've picked up Divebomb 3 times in the last week and every time I put him back on the shelf and didn't buy him because I can't bring myself to pay $10 for him.

If Kmart or one of the other stores besides toy world and toys r us start selling them at a cheaper price then I may start picking them up

Seeing pics of them though they do look kind of nice and are kind of tempting...

I paid $12.50 each so $50 for the four

Sometimes it really sucks living in the bush

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I'm interested in these guys. And really want to like them.
    But $10 just seems like way too much for what they are when I can spend $3 less and buy a far superior legion figure. (Which I have now started doing as impulse buys)

I've picked up Divebomb 3 times in the last week and every time I put him back on the shelf and didn't buy him because I can't bring myself to pay $10 for him.

If Kmart or one of the other stores besides toy world and toys r us start selling them at a cheaper price then I may start picking them up

Seeing pics of them though they do look kind of nice and are kind of tempting...
    LP nice photos, thanks for your input, I like them more than anything else in the rid line

Firestorm, I agree with you, $10 is too much for each figure. Im not sure what price we might get them for at kmart or similar, but that combined with a sale has possibilities I suppose.
    Fingers crossed.
    This subline has huge collecting potential, could even become a full line in its own right.
    Maybe....dreaming....dream slowly dying

I haven't paid much attention to these, but Sawback has great box art and I like the idea of a dog Mini-Con

Hey some of these would make decent inner robots for pretender shells

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    Hey some of these would make decent inner robots for pretender shells
    oooh that would be an awesome concept.... someone leak this idea to Hasbro Quick!!!!

I'd totally buy those! The pretender shells could have a launcher gimmick in them as well... sweet!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]