Page 59 of 183 FirstFirst ... 394954555657585960616263646979 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post

Australia's amazingly low volume of good quality TF stuff. All the overseas premium we have to pay.
    ^This 100%. Hasbro is worse than LEGO, who usually charge 1.5 times the USA price.... for TF stuff it's sometimes over double!

I broke the peg off the tail for my ultimate predaking the other night, was trying to slide it out sideways as that's what the joint looked like in the poor light. as a result I now have a tail sword without a handle and a predaking without a tail. pretty bummed. I should have put it down and come back to it later. every direction I tried to move it in it didn't budge until the peg just sheared off.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I broke the peg off the tail for my ultimate predaking the other night, was trying to slide it out sideways as that's what the joint looked like in the poor light. as a result I now have a tail sword without a handle and a predaking without a tail. pretty bummed. I should have put it down and come back to it later. every direction I tried to move it in it didn't budge until the peg just sheared off.
    Same thing happened to me except I broke it holding him by the tail in dragon mode.

I was playing around w/ my Decepticon MPs the other day, and the tip of one of MP3's tail fins snapped off.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    Same thing happened to me except I broke it holding him by the tail in dragon mode.
    spewing!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Wow, is the tail made of chalk? Kidding, sorry

More constructively, maybe you can try putting some Loctite 406 between the peg and tail, get something to keep it firmly held in that position for a few hours while it cures, then yank the tail out along with the peg. Another forum member mentioned you're more likely to break another part of the plastic than to see the glue section break off.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Wow, is the tail made of chalk? Kidding, sorry

More constructively, maybe you can try putting some Loctite 406 between the peg and tail, get something to keep it firmly held in that position for a few hours while it cures, then yank the tail out along with the peg. Another forum member mentioned you're more likely to break another part of the plastic than to see the glue section break off.
    I might give that a go, just have to be careful the locktite stays on just the peg and doesn't seep onto the other side of the intersection of parts.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post

Finally the TF game the rise of the dark spark, please do not get me started on this!!!
    I quite enjoyed war for cybertron and thought fall of cybertron was even better. When this game popped up with hardly any preview press or information apart from the news it was a different developer and had half cybertron/half earth movie tie-in I knew straight away it was not going to be worth it... :/

There's a new thread on TFW2005, where Pete from FunPub/BotCon/TFCC is answering fans' questions about "any actual and perceived missteps we have made over the last 10 years."

It's hard to know where to start, but it's bound to be a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    There's a new thread on TFW2005, where Pete from FunPub/BotCon/TFCC is answering fans' questions about "any actual and perceived missteps we have made over the last 10 years."

It's hard to know where to start, but it's bound to be a good read.
    I only just saw your post here.

I started a new topic here as it was already giving a lot of interesting info on BotCon, but didn't think it was news-worthy for the news section.