Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So they released a Titan Metroplex...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    Yes, my wallet has opened and i too have voted
    Twice? Impressive Mayza
    I too voted twice

One was done up as a custom from m-bot and he looks fantastic

As much as I voted twice on Hasbro version Metroplex, Hasbro I know doesn't give a damn....

My pick if ever is hopefully they do make a Trypticon to match.... the 3rd party companies would have a field day on making accessories for it hahahaha. Knowing Hasbro, they'd scrimp on the accessories most likely a barebones Trypty which is fine by me as long as they leave a lot of areas /5mm, 3 mm ports so we can use other weapons (Mechtech or otherwise). Something akin to Gigastorm = it's Trypticon but not quite haha
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Apparently Metroplex didnt sell as well as they would have liked (according to a podcast i listend too -dude mentioned the heavy discounts at the Costco stores). We didnt see another repaint (besides the CCon and Takara one). Hopefully this doesnt mean the end of this size class

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I too voted twice

One was done up as a custom from m-bot and he looks fantastic
    Haha, I voted 3 times, but one of my votes has been claimed by Azrael
    Another of those 3 is my Metrotitan custom, so I'm kinda hoping that the next Titan class toy is not Metrotitan...

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I voted only once, but glad I voted

Out of the most discussed possible new Titan figures, I think Trypticon is the most likely. These days they tend to tie in with whoever is the most popular in the comics and games with the Generations toyline.

In recent Trypticon was in Monstrosity and depicted as titan size. He appeared in the last 3 console games (admittedly deactivated/transformerd in the last two), also titan size. He also just got a Kre-O figure (opposite of titan size I guess ). I think if he was to put in another showing in the IDW'verse, maybe in the sequel to Monstrosity or in the universes current era, it may just push the scales enough for Hasbro to make a figure of him.

Fort Max and Scorponok are currently not in any games and are not currently in any IDW storylines (though Scorp was also in Monstrosity and Fort Max in ealrlier MTMTE), plus when they were they were just really big bots, not alot bigger than Ultra Magnus. It's possible that the hype surrounding the reissue of G1 Fort Max, the current non-transformable huge 3rd party Scorponok and the Scorponok Botcon release may bring these characters to Hasbro's attention but I think it would take more than that to get them their own official titan-class figure.

Omega Supreme got a remould of his Energon figure as part of the Thrilling 30 based on his WFC robot mode so I don't think we'll get another one of him yet, let alone Titan class.

That said - I'd buy all 4!

For rough scale I'd like to see:

Gigantic Class:
    Primus & Unicron
    Titian Class: Metroplex, Tryticon, Fortress Maximus & Scorponok
    Supreme Class: Omega Supreme (G1 oriented)
    Combiner class: (maybe a bit bigger than FOC Bruticus but slightly smaller than Supreme class Omega Supreme) All of the G1 Combiners. Also of approximate size - Sky Lynx
    Leader Class: Overlord and Broadside

Imagine the display you could set up with that lot!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    We all vote with our wallets. The only way we can vote 'Yes' for more Titans is to purchase a Generations Metroplex. I've cast my vote.
    I cast my vote, over priced limited edition ACG Con Metroplex. Unfortunately it obviously didn't sell well enough to warrant more Hasbro made ACG Con exclusives. So I'm guessing I'll have to go for even more expensive and over priced SDCC Titan class figure in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

For rough scale I'd like to see:

Gigantic Class:
    Primus & Unicron
    Titian Class: Metroplex, Tryticon, Fortress Maximus & Scorponok
    Supreme Class: Omega Supreme (G1 oriented)
    Combiner class: (maybe a bit bigger than FOC Bruticus but slightly smaller than Supreme class Omega Supreme) All of the G1 Combiners. Also of approximate size - Sky Lynx
    Leader Class: Overlord and Broadside

Imagine the display you could set up with that lot!
    So many levels of YES! I would love all of the above!

We can dream

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Apparently Metroplex didnt sell as well as they would have liked (according to a podcast i listend too -dude mentioned the heavy discounts at the Costco stores).
    That's unfortunate. Although I've heard that Encore Fortress Maximus sold well, so I hope that will encourage TakaraTOMY to reissue more big cityformers, like G1 Trypticon, Scorponok etc. I'm still surprised that they did reissue Fort Max considering how the likes of Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme and Metroplex shelf warmed. Although arguably those toys were overproduced (much like God Ginrai), and perhaps TakaraTOMY managed to get the numbers right with Fortress Maximus.

I hope that if Hasbro does decide to do any more Titan Classes, that they try to pack it with more value for money. IMHO that's one thing that's contributing to the toy shelf warming at full RRP. Reissue Fort Max will still sell like hotcakes at full RRP because that toy gives you a jolly good bang for your buck.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's unfortunate. Although I've heard that Encore Fortress Maximus sold well, so I hope that will encourage TakaraTOMY to reissue more big cityformers, like G1 Trypticon, Scorponok etc. I'm still surprised that they did reissue Fort Max considering how the likes of Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme and Metroplex shelf warmed. Although arguably those toys were overproduced (much like God Ginrai), and perhaps TakaraTOMY managed to get the numbers right with Fortress Maximus.

I hope that if Hasbro does decide to do any more Titan Classes, that they try to pack it with more value for money. IMHO that's one thing that's contributing to the toy shelf warming at full RRP. Reissue Fort Max will still sell like hotcakes at full RRP because that toy gives you a jolly good bang for your buck.
    I just checked 3 stores. BBTS, TF Source and Robot Kingdom all still have Fort Max in stock. He is a shelf warmer also.

I hope Metroplex sold well enough for them to do another. The news that another is in the works is great. If it is Trypticon (or anything like that, be it Unicron, Scorponok, etc.), then I hope it makes it to our shores at a reasonable price like Metroplex did.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust