Page 754 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 734744749750751752753754755756757758759764774 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,540 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    Just a question, the AOE blu ray statue pack, will that play
    on AU region? Also is it standard blu ray or does a 3D version
    come inter box?

On another note will Generations Jetfire be released here in AU?
    As am tempted to order it with my G1 slo

Cheers
    Not sure about the Blu Ray mate, depends on where you order it from and what version. I'd have a look at what different aussie stores such as the aus JB Hifi will have to sell on thier websites.

As for Jetfire, I wouldn't hold your breath. The last lot of generations toys to reach our shore were the AoE and the Fall of Cybertron toys. It seems unless it's related to a big release in another entertainment genre that most Generations toys don't reach here

Thought original takara boxes have takara written at the bottom right with an oblong around it? Not these jap characters?
    like this box logo

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    Just a question, the AOE blu ray statue pack, will that play
    on AU region? Also is it standard blu ray or does a 3D version
    come inter box?
    Paramount normally doesn't region lock their Blu-ray's. We won't know for certain till release but it's pretty good bet that it won't be locked. The digital copy included might be region locked tho as iTunes is region locked. The 3D Blu-ray is not included.

For DOTM the 3D Blu-ray didn't get released till about 4 months after the 2D version. I have a bad feeling they might be doing the same thing again since there are no preorders available for the 3D version.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Thought original takara boxes have takara written at the bottom right with an oblong around it? Not these jap characters?
    like this box logo
    That link doesn't work, but Takara has used various different logos, even among toys released in the same year. AFAIK all the 1985 TFs featured the entirely Romanised 'TAKARA' logo inside an oval border.
    e.g. Convoy, Slag, Soundwave, Laserwave, Grapple, Perceptor, Broadcast, Ultra Magnus, Galvatron etc.

In 1986 it seems that Takara began phasing in another logo, "遊びは文化 タカラ" (Playing is Culture: TAKARA); Japanese text inside white square with "Dakko-chan" mascot. Some 1986 Takara TFs still used the old logo, such as Pipes, Superion, the Combatrons etc., while others in that year started sporting the new Dakko-chan logo, such as Bruticus, Cyclonus, the Animatrons, the Goodbye gift sets, Menasor, and of course, Hot Rodimus and Rodimus Convoy etc. And as far as I can tell, Takara continued to use this logo for the rest of the 1980s...
    e.g.
    1987: Rippersnapper, Fortress Maximus, Stepper, Artfire, Skull etc.
    1988: Grand Maximus, Darkwings, Black Zarak. God Ginrai etc.
    1989: Machtackle, Star Sabre, Victory Leo, Road Caesar, Lio Kaiser etc.

However, by the late 1980s, Takara's Dakko-chan mascot caused controversy, and subsequently by 1990 Takara had removed it from their logo.
    e.g. 1990: Dai Atlas | 1991: Star Convoy | 1992: Battle Gaea
    Takara continued to use this logo up until 2003.

In 2004 Takara changed to the TAKARA logo (possibly for the 20th anniversary) as can be seen on lines such as: Super Link, Binaltech, Binaltech Asterisk, G1 reissues (post-2003), Masterpiece, Galaxy Force etc.
    Then of course, Takara merged with TOMY in 2006 and switched to using the current TakaraTOMY logo. e.g. Henkei, TF Prime, Movieverse, new Masterpiece, Encore reissues etc.
    -----------------------------------------------
    P.S.: Please be aware that Jap is considered a racial slur against Japanese people. "JP" is a more officially acceptable (and shorter!) abbreviation for "Japanese" (e.g. .jp, JPY etc.). Thank you.

Question

Does anybody know any bbts or tfsource coupon codes that are currently available for discounts?

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Does anybody know any bbts or tfsource coupon codes that are currently available for discounts?
    I've never known BBTS to have coupons. they have a big clearance at least twice a year and a lot of the clearance prices stick after the clearance finishes being advertised.

no Idea about TF source.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Gok, thanks for the very interesting news about the Dakko-chan mascot that Takara once used. Something i had never heard about. :thumbsup
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That link doesn't work, but Takara has used various different logos, even among toys released in the same year. AFAIK all the 1985 TFs featured the entirely Romanised 'TAKARA' logo inside an oval border.
    P.S.: Please be aware that Jap is considered a racial slur against Japanese people. "JP" is a more officially acceptable (and shorter!) abbreviation for "Japanese" (e.g. .jp, JPY etc.). Thank you.
    Box logo fix (just added http)

Apologies. Since I wasn't referring to a person but the language or written form of it, I wasn't aware of the racial aspect. I will use JP in the future.

Do ANY online retailers still have Hasbro Generations Hoist? BBTS, TFSource, The Chosen Prime and Robot Kingdom are sold out/not available. I've checked ebay, cheapest I could find was about $35 shipped.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Do ANY online retailers still have Hasbro Generations Hoist? BBTS, TFSource, The Chosen Prime and Robot Kingdom are sold out/not available. I've checked ebay, cheapest I could find was about $35 shipped.
    Amazon has a few
    But $35 shipped to your door isn't too bad either