Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro bans KOs & 3rd party goods at Botcon

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I totally agree with what you are saying about Ultra Magnus but I am unsure of what you mean with the other characters as Has-Tak-Tom has done a decent Ironhide, Ratchet and Skywarp already.
    Prowl is saying that they need to be rereleased. I'm not sure about Ironhide, Magnus and Skywarp as they were shelfwarmers, but certainly Ratchet deserved a wider release.

I totally agree with what you are saying about Ultra Magnus but I am unsure of what you mean with the other characters as Has-Tak-Tom has done a decent Ironhide, Ratchet and Skywarp already.
    No no I am saying that there is a market for them to be rereleased. that is if I go by looking at the aftermarket pricing for these figures nowdays.

If they did a rerelease I am sure plenty would be snapped up by fans especially at regular retail pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Prowl is saying that they need to be rereleased. I'm not sure about Ironhide, Magnus and Skywarp as they were shelfwarmers, but certainly Ratchet deserved a wider release.
    Really? I have only been collecting for a year or so but as I said above looking at aftermarket pricing I am pretty sure that Hasbro would not lose money on a reissue of these figures.

I didn't see Ironhide, Magnus and Skywarp shelf warm for too long either except in stores that were charging ridiculous prices for them like Uncle Pete's and TrU.

However Magnus and Skywarp did shelf warm for a bit (I don't recall it being overly long like movie toys) as back then, there was no City Commander upgrade kit to create demand for another 'white prime' so the main selling point was Skywarp.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    No no I am saying that there is a market for them to be rereleased. that is if I go by looking at the aftermarket pricing for these figures nowdays.

If they did a rerelease I am sure plenty would be snapped up by fans especially at regular retail pricing.
    I would agree that re-releasing those molds with some new (but still true to character) paint decos would be good just as they have done with Classics Bumblebee and Starscream. It would allow for people who missed out to get them at reasonable prices otherwise there may only be the choice to seek out the 3rd party offering which could be more accessible by value and accessibility and hence it goes back to the point of this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    but I'd like to see the add-ons targeting items that shelfwarm, otherwise it's not going to be of any benefit to us & Hasbro
    Not-Stylor for Bumblebee?

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    Then again if Hasbro did UM properly in the first place then 3rd parties would not have made kits to do the original mold justice.
    To be fair to Hasbro though it wasn't viable for Hasbro to design a trailer-armour for Classics Ultra Magnus. Aside from engineering issues it would make the toy really expensive.

I didn't see Ironhide, Magnus and Skywarp shelf warm for too long either except in stores that were charging ridiculous prices for them like Uncle Pete's and TrU.

However Magnus and Skywarp did shelf warm for a bit (I don't recall it being overly long like movie toys) as back then, there was no City Commander upgrade kit to create demand for another 'white prime' so the main selling point was Skywarp.
    I don't recall the Magnus Skywarp pack shelfwarming either, but Transformers here on my neck of the woods sell quick. You pretty much have a couple of chances to get something while it's new and then you might not see it again. I think I had 1 or 2 chances to buy DOTM Skyhammer, passed on it and never saw it again, same with DOTM Shockwave.

The thing with the whole 3rd party thing is, all they're doing is trying to fill the void and give collectors something we want. If Hasbro/TakTom where doing that, they'd probably still be finding something else to fill that void. I don't think there'd be so much 3rd party stuff but I reckon it would still exist. The collectors market has continued to grow and will grow until something is done. What that is? I have no idea but I love my 3rd party stuff and look forward to Hexatron and Knightmorpher Hearts of Steel Not Starscream

Ironhides pegwarmed at David Jones and Magnus/Skywarps shelfwarmed Target. UM/S started at $45 but went on sale and it still took them a good while to sell even though it was a Voyager with a free Deluxe. In the US, Magnus/Skywarps shelfwarmed clearance shelves at $8-$13. They may sell now; they didn't at the time.

Ratchets would definitely sell if rereleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    It's always amusing to see just how entitled Transformers fans seem to feel they are.
    and sometimes obnoxious

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    To be fair to Hasbro though it wasn't viable for Hasbro to design a trailer-armour for Classics Ultra Magnus. Aside from engineering issues it would make the toy really expensive.
    CC wasn't exactly cheap either, but it still sold pretty well.
    There's a market for pricey-yet-superior adult collectible TFs out there if HasTak wants to pursue it. It's not the mass-market angle they're going for atm, sure, but it's there and 'the fans' have shown they're not averse to large purchases - there's a nice fancy MP10 accompanied by a Night Ops PE Not-Reflector currently overlooking my bedroom to prove it.

Also, I'd totally buy a rereleased UM for my empty CC armour. I keep hoping Takara will release one while I'm here, but no luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I do agree. My comment was more a dig at how a 3rd party product can completeley change Hasbro figure for the better. Hasbro loves a repaint & the city commander made UM many many times better in my eyes.

Then again the only good thing UM ever did (to me at least) was get destroyed by the mightly Galvatron the 86 movie .