Page 1 of 34 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Combiner Devastator - first look at German Toyfair

Default Titan Combiner Devastator - first look at German Toyfair

UPDATE

Better picture

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

EDIT by Admin...
    A covertly taken photo from the European Toyfair in Nuremberg of the Hasbro exhibit gives a first glimpse of Titan class Devastator and Masterpiece Bluestreak (looks unchanged). The box on the floor is said to be Devastator's box, which looks to have six character circles on the side.
    A description from here...

"The head was boxy, but not in a bad way. Very G1 toy/animation model. Red eyes, on a simple pivot.

Forearms were entirely black, you can see that in the picture. The fingers were on a single hinge, thumb was fixed. There appeared to be some sort of transformation with the forearms, but it was hard to tell exactly what they did. I'm pretty sure they're separate pieces from the figures, so they're not integrated into Bonecrusher/Scavenger.

Chest had the big purple wing piece, just like G1 but bigger. It had some silver and red details on it, which you can just barely make out in the photo.

The feet were straight up G1. Scrapper forms the foot pretty much the same way as the original toy, with his arms as the heels and the bucket as the toe. The big departure is Mixmaster, he still forms the foot pretty much the same as G1, with the cement drum as the shin, but the foot of the combined mode is the rear of the cement truck instead of the cab.

No Prowl on display, and the combined mode wasn't scramble city type, so I don't know how they would add a Prowl if they wanted. Hook was folded in half and sitting on top of Long Haul just like G1."

EDIT by Mod...
    Update from TFW2005 member Marvelous who attended the event:

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous

I attended the Hasbro booth and can clarify some points.

Devy consists of 6 parts with individual robot modes. He is nearly the same height as Metroplex. It's going to be a TRU exclusive and will be officially revealed at New York toy fair. He is very G1esque and looks great. The only thing that's kind of a bummer, is that the individual robots look a bit upscaled, like the upscaled cyberverse Beast Hunters deluxe figures.
    But Devastator is an entirely new mold. He also has his own kind of combining ports as far as I could see.

Also, for the RID show, the Minicons will get a comeback. There was a version of Drift on show, which futures a shooting mechanism for the Minicons. Looks a lot like the Warrior class but is called deployers.

Also there were more platinum sets with G1 reissues/ repaints. One set with Blitzwing and Astrotrain, but with strange color schemes. BW was mostly red,while AT orange and white.
    the second set includes Blaster and Perceptor Which seems mostly unchanged from their G1 style. Percy had a new accessory, that can fit on his back and looked like sine sort of missile launcher
    Last edited by Tober; 4th February 2015 at 12:10 PM.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Well thats good looking. I just might bite

Well HELLO!

I take it a full reveal is imminent....

Using the MP Bluestreak box on the shelf as a guide, which appears to be a repaint of Prowl's at 28cm, Devastator should come in at 35-38cm tall?

Megatran Guest

I see a life size pretender shell?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I see a life size pretender shell?
    Brilliant

Nice!, looks huge, hopefully they'll be some proper shots soon, this might be my first official Hasbro purchase in a while, lately it's all been 3P stuff

Looks massive...extremely excited hell yeah!

This might just replace Green Giant

Looks like Hasbro wants to match the size of the Third Party Devies...