Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Neutral and negative feedback on Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    One of my pet hates with feedback is when the Seller waits to leave feedback only after you do. They basically holding the Buyer 'hostage'. There is no valid reason to behave like this.
    Very much agree with this. As a buyer, once you've paid up then your end of the transaction is done so the seller should leave feedback first. I've seen numerous excuses like waiting for the buyer to post feedback so they know the item has been delivered.

Ok, I sent the seller this message:

Hi, the book and your card arrived a week or so ago. I want to say thanks for the help in dealing with the postage and paypal situation. However I also need to say I'm pretty disappointed with the condition of the book. In the listing it was mentioned as "like new", which as part of the description says "No missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, and no underlining/highlighting of text or writing in the margins." Also in the listing you have included this comment: "Read once. Bought second hand so cover is a little frayed". When I specifically enquired about the wear and condition you added a couple of photos and didn't mention anything else.

When I opened the package I found that it seems to be an ex-library book with a stamp inside, a torn page and stickers on 2 other pages. I'm pretty annoyed because a) this is definitely not like new and does not match the condition the listing says, b) you didn't mention any of this in the original listing information or comments and c) you also didn't mention anything when I specifically asked about the wear and cover. As big fan and collector of Star Wars and Transformers figures, books and comics I take pride in what I've managed to collect and enjoy over the years and having items in good condition is very important. If I had known about this I don't believe I would have bid on it. I think you have been a bit misleading at the least and perhaps deliberately dishonest.

I'd like to hear what you have to say. Cheers,

This was the response:

Hi Phillip,

Apologies about this, I didn't actually know it was torn or had a library stamp. As I said, I've I lay read it once and that was a while ago now. I understand as a collector you like everything to be at a certain condition.

All I can offer is a full refund. Or if you'd like to send the book back and I can refund you for it if you want to find a better condition book?

Thanks

I accepted the offer of full refund and it has gone into my account. Now is neutral feedback still a fair and valid response? At the end of the day taking emotions etc out of the picture, the seller offered something which clearly did not match the advertised condition, had a chance to correct it and provide more information but didn't and hence i was not satisfied with the product. i did get my money back. I'm not sure if that counts as positive, do you think neutral is reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Ok, I sent the seller this message:

Hi, the book and your card arrived a week or so ago. I want to say thanks for the help in dealing with the postage and paypal situation. However I also need to say I'm pretty disappointed with the condition of the book. In the listing it was mentioned as "like new", which as part of the description says "No missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, and no underlining/highlighting of text or writing in the margins." Also in the listing you have included this comment: "Read once. Bought second hand so cover is a little frayed". When I specifically enquired about the wear and condition you added a couple of photos and didn't mention anything else.

When I opened the package I found that it seems to be an ex-library book with a stamp inside, a torn page and stickers on 2 other pages. I'm pretty annoyed because a) this is definitely not like new and does not match the condition the listing says, b) you didn't mention any of this in the original listing information or comments and c) you also didn't mention anything when I specifically asked about the wear and cover. As big fan and collector of Star Wars and Transformers figures, books and comics I take pride in what I've managed to collect and enjoy over the years and having items in good condition is very important. If I had known about this I don't believe I would have bid on it. I think you have been a bit misleading at the least and perhaps deliberately dishonest.

I'd like to hear what you have to say. Cheers,

This was the response:

Hi Phillip,

Apologies about this, I didn't actually know it was torn or had a library stamp. As I said, I've I lay read it once and that was a while ago now. I understand as a collector you like everything to be at a certain condition.

All I can offer is a full refund. Or if you'd like to send the book back and I can refund you for it if you want to find a better condition book?

Thanks

I accepted the offer of full refund and it has gone into my account. Now is neutral feedback still a fair and valid response? At the end of the day taking emotions etc out of the picture, the seller offered something which clearly did not match the advertised condition, had a chance to correct it and provide more information but didn't and hence i was not satisfied with the product. i did get my money back. I'm not sure if that counts as positive, do you think neutral is reasonable?
    You should do a positive feedback, neutral is very unreasonable considering you have full refund and the item still.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I know you think this guy deceived you, but when approached about it he's given you a refund and claimed no knowledge of the damage.... Give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'd be giving him positive feedback quoting " had a few hiccups with sale, seller was happy to fix once approached" which is now the truth, or just don't leave any feedback at all.

We've all had things go south on eBay, leaving anything but positive/no feedback would be kinda poor form on your part now in this instance.

Just my two cents

That to me is a response which warrants positive feedback as well.

ok thanks very much for your help! I left positive feedback with 5 stars except for the item description part and a little note and sent a message to the seller.