Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A warning about the Ebay US Global Shipping Program

How much is actual shipping cost? When i look at the page, it says $51+.

When I look at purchase history & calculate shipping, it says $26.50?

Which is it?

It probably means that half is going to the international shipper (Fedex or UPS), and half is going to the seller to post it to Fedex/UPS.
    The seller's half is entered in by the seller, and added to the amount calculated by Fedex/UPS, giving you the total cost of $51.

This is how ebay is trying to encourage more Americans to sell worldwide, by just listing their Domestic shipping amount (to post to their American buyers, or to the nearest Fedex/UPS outlet), without being put off by any (perceived) extra work shipping an item beyond their borders.

It's just confusing when you are trying to pay. Cause both choices I mentioned shows the buyer's address (me) as australia. So it confused me since I was going to try to pay thru paypal. If it's local, does the seller use the shipping quote from ebay or their own personal cost?

Everything nowadays has just become needlessly complicated and stupid, as many of you have found out trying to buy from the United States through e-Bay.

I once bought a Fort Max of a US seller - none of this GSP crap, he simply quoted me a price to ship it down here - I think it was USD 100 - so I found out that the transformed FM into city mode - all compact with weapons, accessories etc tucked away - simple, no mess no fuss.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

yeah unfortunately is very bad. I am so pissed off with my latest us purchase and I am telling myself trying not to ever again.

I think I'll stick to buying things from places like Japan, Hong Kong & Singapore. A lot less hassle before all this was even brought in

update from my purchase using the GSP program, ebay finally decided in my favor and refund me the price plus shipping. but the shipping actually can't cover another purchase of same item.
    and do you know what ebay said? sorry we lost your item en route, we're issuing you a refund. done.
    they don't even bother to ask whether i want a replacement, just refunded me and they thought it all settled

Most of these items are one-off being sold. It's safer to assume that it can't be replaced.
    Refund would be most logical.

I decided to get my stuff shipped to a US address. Hopefully shipping and cost is cheap enough to be able to send it overseas on the next purchase.

Just bought my first item on ebay US through the Global Shipping Program. It was a single item on its own. Shipping was quite high but the carriers are premium express.

Package arrived hassle free!

Just recived a recent purchase from ebay and the seller used this program. Problem is fedex or whoever does the repackaging squashed the item into a box that was too small and damaged it. Anyone encounted this?