Page 147 of 152 FirstFirst ... 127137142143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    It is more what is wrong with many 'fans'. I was going to provide my counter opinion but really, why bother...
    So was I and same.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

so out of curiosity as AFL?NRL wraps up and A-league Starts
    Who Follows Who (in All Codes)

NRL - AFL - A-League - NFL - MLS - Premier League - Union - Gaelic football (or any other code I have forgotten)

Curious is all

Sharks - None - None - Colts - None - None

Soccer/Football I don't really follow anyone I played for so long I just enjoy games rather then teams.

NFL used to be a colts fan but I don't really follow the game not like I used to so its more a token mention
    Last edited by Sharky; 5th October 2016 at 02:34 PM.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

NRL - AFL - A-League - NFL - MLS - Premier League

C
    Sharks - Swans (only care if in the finals) - Sydney FC (same as Swans) - None - None - None

How dare you forget Rugby Union! Go the Tahs/Wobblies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Sharks - Swans (only care if in the finals) - Sydney FC (same as Swans) - None - None - None

How dare you forget Rugby Union! Go the Tahs/Wobblies!!
    HAHA YEAH UNION, feel free to add any codes I forget too like j league Spanish football too people I edited the selections
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Cowboys - None - None - None - None - None

- No cricket either (Gideon from Offsiders & the resting policy made me lose connection to the players)

NETBALL - Firebirds
    Last edited by Deonasis; 5th October 2016 at 04:42 PM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

this mentality is what is wrong with the game
    We sure like to disagree on these points. Questioning why league players can do just about anything they want that a normal person would be punished far more severely for and then get lauded as a hero because they can tackle another bloke carrying the ball is what is wrong with the fans. Drug cheats, ref abusers, domestic violence offenders are all forgiven the moment they step back on the field with the commentators and most reporters being too gutless to call them out on their behaviour in case they upset them and don't get any further interviews.

Many players don't deserve the money and praise they receive after the things they do off the field, let alone some of the disgusting sportsmanship on the field.
    I love the game, but find myself continually disillusioned with many players. Lucky we occasionally hear of the good things that the majority of players do, Corey Parker and Aaron Woods are always in the news for the right reasons and I rememeber all the things the Cayless boys and Luke Lewis used to do with sick kids that I am sure they are still involved in.

Just saying we never read about our awesome netballers doing anything in the same vein as the NRL players do.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Yeah because players like Paul Gallen are just scum and good for nothing human beings...

Sure is. A visit to a hospital for sick kids is great publicity when his on field antics and behaviour show us what he is truly like.

I think we are going to have to agree to be on opposite sides of the fence for this one, we will never see eye to eye on Gallen and the whole drugs scandal. Go enjoy your year of being champions and I'll join in on celebrating the next Sharks premiership when Gallen and co are gone from the game.

Especially since my Knights won't be winning anything but spoons for the next 5 years at least!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

NRL - AFL - A-League - NFL - MLS - Premier League - Union - Gaelic football (or any other code I have forgotten)

Curious is all

Sharks - None - None - Colts - None - None

Soccer/Football I don't really follow anyone I played for so long I just enjoy games rather then teams.

NFL used to be a colts fan but I don't really follow the game not like I used to so its more a token mention
    Parra - Geelong - Wanderers - 49ERs - None - None - Tahs - None

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Sure is. A visit to a hospital for sick kids is great publicity when his on field antics and behaviour show us what he is truly like.

I think we are going to have to agree to be on opposite sides of the fence for this one, we will never see eye to eye on Gallen and the whole drugs scandal. Go enjoy your year of being champions and I'll join in on celebrating the next Sharks premiership when Gallen and co are gone from the game.

Especially since my Knights won't be winning anything but spoons for the next 5 years at least!
    you must know a lot about the drugs scandal then
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy