Thread: Japanese new toys for April to June

Default Japanese new toys for April to June

A catalogue has surfaced of some upcoming Japanese Transformers, from April to June, including a number of Hasbro RID toys and a first look at a small, grey image of Combiner Blast Off.

(some names might not be accurate at this time)

Unite Warriors
    UW-07 Bruticus - June - 15,000yen

Legends
    LG20 Skids - May - 3,100yen

Masterpiece
    MP30 Ratchet - April - 10,000yen

Adventure
    TAV40 - (Battlepack) Bumblebee with Ion Jammer - April - 2,500yen
    TAV41 - (Battlepack) Optimus Prime with Gravity - April - 2,500yen
    TAV42 - (Battlepack) Grimlock with Volcano - April - 2,500yen
    TAV43 - (Battlepack) Sideswipe with Bali Thunder - April - 2,500yen
    TAV44 - (Battlepack) 2-pack Bumblebee & Sideswipe (with Microns and redeco armour parts) - April - 4,500yen
    TAV45 - (Battlepack) 2-pack Optimus Prime & Grimlock (with Microns and redeco armour parts) - April - 4,500yen
    -
    TAV46 - Micron Shooter Overload (with ??) - May - 3,500yen
    TAV47 - Micron Shooter Crazybolt (with ??) - May - 3,500yen
    -
    TAV48 - EZ Collection (Legends) Team Bumblebee Vs Thunderhoof (Bumblebee, Fixit, Windblade, Thunderhoof) - May - 4,000yen
    TAV49 - EZ Collection (Legends) Autobots Vs Clampdown (Optimus, Ratchet, Drift, Clampdown) - May - 4,000yen
    -
    TAV50 - Hyper Surge Optimus Prime (new with armour parts) - June - 8,000yen

Microns (freebies or partners to Deployers now sold separately)
    TMC01 - Jetstorm - April - 800yen
    TMC02 - Slipstream - April - 800yen
    TMC03 - Divebomb - April - 800yen
    TMC04 - Airazor - April - 800yen
    TMC05 - Windora (Dragonus) - April - 800yen
    TMC06 - Psychobat (Ratbat) - April - 800yen

Any word if Bruticus is going to be another TTM exclusive or general retail? I hope since he is a more popular character they go general retail so I can buy him in JPY rather than USD.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Any word if Bruticus is going to be another TTM exclusive or general retail? I hope since he is a more popular character they go general retail so I can buy him in JPY rather than USD.
    General retail.

Official images have now been released of the April Adventure (RID) Battlepack sets and individual Minicons. Some have slightly different names to the catalogue in the first post, which would have been due to variations in translating the Katakana (lettering).

Minicon single packs - Slipstream, Jetstorm, Divebomb, Airazor, Windra (probably short for Wind Dragon - RID Dragonus), and Psychobat (RID Ratbat).

Autobot with a Minicon Pack (RID Battlepacks) - Steel Armor Bumblebee w/ Ironjam, Gravity Armor Optimus Prime w/ Gravity, Volcanic Armor Grimlock w/ Volcano, Electric Armor Sideswipe w/ Barithunder (could be meant to be Ballithunder, as in Ball of Thunder, but we'll see what the packaging says in English)

I was actually surprised that they did so much extra colouring on their Minicons, considering how small they are, but it certainly makes them look like much bigger toys in the images (like Slipstream and Jetstorm), while Windra/Dragonus has a completely new colour scheme and a lot of paint on it.

TakaraTomyMall have posted up new images of the TAV 44-49, which are the two Battlepack double-packs, the two new Deployers, and the two Legion/EZ 4-packs.

It's amazing the amount of colour on these toys... it makes the Hasbro ones look like unpainted prototypes. Just look at the deployer Overload, or even the Minicons... so much colour and paint on them, I would have bought them if I liked RID enough to be getting "doubles".

I also never realised before, that the Microns/Minicons in the Battlepacks, are coloured in their partner Autobot's colours.

Looks like everything here is being released in May (the Battlepack double-packs were initially listed as April release).

TAV44 - (Battlepack) 2-pack Bumblebee & Sideswipe (with Microns and redeco armour parts)
    TAV45 - (Battlepack) 2-pack Optimus Prime & Grimlock (with Microns and redeco armour parts)
    -
    TAV46 - Micron Shooter Overload (with ??)
    TAV47 - Micron Shooter Crazybolt (with ??)
    -
    TAV48 - EZ Collection (Legends) Team Bumblebee Vs Thunderhoof (Bumblebee, Fixit, Windblade, Thunderhoof)
    TAV49 - EZ Collection (Legends) Autobots Vs Clampdown (Optimus, Ratchet, Drift, Clampdown)

The minicon battle packs are cool. But I prefer the minicons as decepticons
    Also interesting the minicons got repainted from their individual releases to match the colour of their partners (eg Bali Thunder was Yellow in the Sideswipe battle/armour pack but is red in the double pack with sideswipe and bumblebee)
    The extra paint is fantastic on everyone!
    But I really love how much better Crazybolt looks. Just a shame it comes with what I am guessing is Ransack instead of Scorch Strike Hammer or better yet an actual toy of Slicedice.

Some official images of the Hyper Surge Optimus, which is the Japanese version of the big gimmick/electronic RID Power Surge Optimus... with more of the Optimus red/blue colours (the RID version is mostly white)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Some official images of the Hyper Surge Optimus, which is the Japanese version of the big gimmick/electronic RID Power Surge Optimus... with more of the Optimus red/blue colours (the RID version is mostly white)
    Does anyone know if there are sound effects (speech) or just lights. I prefer the Takara version, but if it's not going to be English then I would pass. My Japanese translation skills suck.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!