Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformer Prime mainline toys released in Australia

Default Transformer Prime mainline toys released in Australia

The first Transformers Prime toys have been found at retail in Australia. Fatbot found Powerisers (the new name for Voyager class) Megatron and Optimus Prime this morning at a Toys R Us store in NSW.

The toys sold for $50 each, a standard price at TRU for that size class. No savings from the exchange range have been passed on but they are likely to be cheaper at the other chain stores like Kmart and Big W.

Although so new on the shelf that they originally not scanning, both Fatbot and Goktimus Prime were able to purchase figures today.

These are the main line toys (sometimes referred to by the label Robots in Disguise) not the First Editions.

Figures should start appearing at other stores soon.

Here's Fatbot's original sighting post:

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    TF Prime voyager Meg's and prime at toys r us parramatta. No price on the shelf and they aren't scanning

Edit $50 each

Update 17 Feb

Deluxe figures have also been found at Toys R Us stores. They are selling at the regular TRU Deluxe price of $29.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Went into Parra TRU this afternoon and they had the deluxes for 29.99 each and the voyagers for $49.99. Grabbed a Soundwave and Wheeljack 9_9

Last edited by Paulbot; 17th February 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Wheeeeeljack, Wheeeeeeljack, Wheeeeeeljack. Come on guys, maybe if we chant his name enough he'll be the next to appear.

ispayks is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

$50 ? Bloody TRU Parramatta charged me $59.99 each. It was scanning as Zoggs Float Suit. Also I got the last Prime Megs but around 10 Optimus left. I'll take them back on Sunday after the fair and demand for a discount for the inconvenience/pricing stuff up.

rule of thumb, never get stuff from tru even when they have the sale, its way more than kmart or big w... lets all boycott tru!

Recent Purchases => TR Prime Optimus Maximus, Knight Morpher Cyclops, Bot Shots Battle for the Matrix, Steatlth Force Gears

Wants => TF Prime Deluxe Airachnid, FOC Wave 1

Quote Originally Posted by ispayks View Post
    $50 ? Bloody TRU Parramatta charged me $59.99 each. It was scanning as Zoggs Float Suit. Also I got the last Prime Megs but around 10 Optimus left. I'll take them back on Sunday after the fair and demand for a discount for the inconvenience/pricing stuff up.
    Go back there and get a $9.99 refund. When I bought mine it wouldn't scan, so the girl serving me went and looked up the item code on the computer, then punched it in and charged me $50. Sounds like the person who served you might have punched in the wrong code?

If you want, I can bring my receipt along on Sunday if you wanna show them the code from it. But the code is definitely in their computer system. At least it was when I made my purchase at 12:17.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If you want, I can bring my receipt along on Sunday if you wanna show them the code from it. But the code is definitely in their computer system. At least it was when I made my purchase at 12:17.
    Did you cut teaching some classes today to get some new figures?

Should be interesting to see if sales can rely purely on brand power since there is so far no Prime on free to air television...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

crankcase76 also got charged $59.99!

Umm... looking at my receipt, I think this is the code for the toy; it says:

TRANSFORMERS PRIME 226726 - is that the product code/number for the toy? If so then maybe try quoting this number to them when going back and asking for a partial refund?

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Did you cut teaching some classes today to get some new figures?
    Had a free period followed by lunch (and I didn't have PG duty ). Made it back by lunch time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Should be interesting to see if sales can rely purely on brand power since there is so far no Prime on free to air television...
    Some kids at school have already watched TF Prime online. (I showed Megatron to one of my students who got all excited and started telling his friend about what Megatron does in the show ) - so I guess broadband internet might offer TF Prime one advantage that Beast Machines didn't have. Hopefully they won't show it at such a stupid time slot like Saturday 2PM. (and I can't believe it was never re-run at a different time slot... *sigh*)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Some kids at school have already watched TF Prime online. (I showed Megatron to one of my students who got all excited and started telling his friend about what Megatron does in the show ) - so I guess broadband internet might offer TF Prime one advantage that Beast Machines didn't have. Hopefully they won't show it at such a stupid time slot like Saturday 2PM. (and I can't believe it was never re-run at a different time slot... *sigh*)
    This pleases me greatly to hear this Goki; sure, whilst watching the episodes via the Internet may or may not be favourable, I agree that it is an avenue that wasn't afforded to Beast Machines and which really gives me hope that kids who's parents can't afford Pay-TV will still have an opportunity to watch this great show.

Really cool to hear some older kids getting excited and talking about it, especially Megatron - He's so cool in this show and stands just below that of BW Megatron in my eyes.
    (BW Megatron being the best iteration IMO )

The $60 price could be for the 2-pack, as it is likely to be twice the Deluxe price here. I think when they did a search for a TFPrime product in the system, the 2-pack may have been the first they saw with "Transformers Prime" as its description.

Quote Originally Posted by ispayks View Post
    Hmmm looks like the fella serving you didnt do a good job in locating it thru the computer ... I had asked someone stacking the shelves (of Ben10) this am at TRU Parra as well, I mustve gotten earlier in than you coz I saw 2 Megs still there and bought 1 off... also found a vandalized TfPrime among the shelves - as in out of the box . The guy serving me actually remarked when he saw the price: "geez, fifty bucks for this thing?" I guess even he can't believe the price gouging we get here for "small" toys - and he's supposed to work there. He actually thought they were "deluxe" size so he was looking for the code and found they were voyagers _ his facial expression tells it all - that's voyager, hmmm pretty small for voyager....

I got the pair but yeah - $50 each. I havent opened them yet coz Im thinking if Kmart or Big W comes with a much palatable pricing Ill be returning these 2 since I verified with them that the return policy is up to 3 months as long as youve got the receipt and is still sealed (resaleable I guess) condition.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]