This is a good chance to vent, and something I need help with...

So I have complete ass****s for neighbours in my apartment. They arrived here about 18 months ago, announcing their arrival by kicking a soccer ball off the walls around their apartment - these are single-brick shared/common walls... you get the idea...

About 9 months or so ago they started making weird noises against the wall I share with them - spraying of aerosoles, running water through a faucet, squeaking tap, sound of a bucket filling up - kinda odd seeing as there shouldn't be a tap there. Also the really abrupt sounds of the clanging of metal pipes and the thumping of various sounds agains the wall like cupboards or a bench.

I can't really work out what they have done there, but it's extremely invasive and constantly annoying - the pipe clanging and banging anyway. All through the weekends and almost every day before and after work.

I'm wondering if it might be some sort of...you know... gardening... or maybe not. They were almost constantly at it today when they had guests over.

They used to play movies or games really loudly late at night too, but they seemed to have stopped that, I think they have had some confrontations with other neighbours already, not sure.

So... I'm also wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with this sort of thing. As I understand it there are laws forbidding intrusion of peace in another person's living areas. But I'm not completely sure what the paramaters are. Also they shouldn't be able to make any sort of permanent installations without strata consent (I gather). They are owner occupiers too - which would make an actual eviction of any sort really difficult . I essentially own this apartment, although it's in my family's name it is rented in mine.

Any serious help or advice appreciated.

And no, I've never actually talked to them.