Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Grimlock QC issue : repair or refund

Quote Originally Posted by geoffiez89 View Post
    Ok guys after many attempts at trying to obtain a grimlock here in Melbourne i managed to source one then it had a busted arm on opening so was exchanged and the 2nd version happens to have a problem where the pin in the left articulating hand hasn't been put in properly resulting in an inability for grimlock to hold weapons in this hand, ive seen other people return theirs for refunds replacements over this.. but now that stock is pretty much non existant and i really wanna keep grimlock just wondering if anyone is aware of how to fix this.. the pin doesnt simply push out like rodimus (or im doing it wrong)

The top: pin sticking through

The bottom: open whole which should be at top
    consider gently using a pair of needlenose plyers to push the pin in, it looks like it's just not all the way in from the photo. make sure to have something like paper or a thin sheet of plastic between the plyers and the toy to avoid scuff marks from the plyers. something else you might use is a really thin leather punch style plyer set or .multi grips, either of these gives more of a perpendicular push to the pin than the angles squeezing you will get from normal plyers.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

If it's just a matter of pushing the pin further in, couldn't you just use the accessories that are designed to slot into that hole to do it?

So glad I got the first release of this mould. One of my favourite masterpieces and I'm glad I've not had any QC problems. My only regret is not keeping the box!

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=16714

Geoffiez check out my thread above - hopefully it will help you in pushing out the pin and putting it back in the right place!