Thread: CW BlackJack shoulder - repair

Default CW BlackJack shoulder - repair

Hey all,
    One of the boys broke the shoulder joint on his CW legends BlackJack. I have had a go at super gluing the hinge back together (The semicircle has broken off. the pivoting hinge)

But due to the fact there is very little surface area at all (1mm x 3mm) I don't hold out much hope of it working.

Im considering popping the hinge off of CW legends Hot Rod and casting the part in polyurethane but it's a pinned hinge with a very small rod and I don't want to break a second figure accidentally.

I also have some aves apoxie sculpt which I could use to join them but I've never really tried it as a joiner on its own and I don't think it will provide a secure enough bond without pinning which isnt possible due to the size.

any thoughts?

Oh and the superglue I tried was Loctite professional

honestly you're better off buying a replacement blackjack while you can. It'll be cheaper and save you a lot of time.

This particular part is way too small, undergoes too much stress in normal operation and the transformation tolerances too tight to self repair in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    honestly you're better off buying a replacement blackjack while you can. It'll be cheaper and save you a lot of time.

This particular part is way too small, undergoes too much stress in normal operation and the transformation tolerances too tight to self repair in my opinion
    Yeah, I'm finding this but I always like to try fixing before rebuying. I'm wondering if we just got a crap figure. the CW Hot Rod is fine and his shoulders move pretty freely within their tolerances but the Blackjack figure? it's ^@%$!

The other shoulder that isn't broken struggles to get 10 degree rotation without feeling like it will snap. The broken shoulder only lasted 10 minutes out of the packet and that's being generous.

If I rebuy I am thinking I might need to shave a little bit off the shoulder hinge joints to allow free movement (Without upsetting the locking feature) and sand down the ball joint a little.

If you have one, how does yours move? does it feel like it will break every time you try to move it?

If the toy broke during normal function (i.e. nothing unusual or extraneous was done to it) then I'd consider bringing the toy back for an exchange. All products should be fit for their intended purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If the toy broke during normal function (i.e. nothing unusual or extraneous was done to it) then I'd consider bringing the toy back for an exchange. All products should be fit for their intended purpose.
    If I could find the receipt I would have taken it back but alas, not to be.

On that note however, I have had another Blackjack given to me by an awesome Ozformer member and found that the new figure is MUCH more freemoving in the joints. There is some restriction on what I would expect as normal movement but I think that issue lies in the figure design.

New figure is 100 x better than the first one.

Now I have a broken Blackjack to experiment with. Thinking a repaint for Bumblebee and making up my own, sturdier, shoulder joints. (I know bumblebee was out before the combiner wars series but it's not the same without a Bee)