Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MP-17 Prowl paint issue

i bought it privately off someone selling on ebay. ive looked at the tfw2005 comparison thread and i think its legit. im interstate at the moment but will try get some photos for more comparisons when i get home. thanks for the responses so far!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i bought it privately off someone selling on ebay. ive looked at the tfw2005 comparison thread and i think its legit. im interstate at the moment but will try get some photos for more comparisons when i get home. thanks for the responses so far!
    hmm... that's a bit of a worry, if you don't mind showing the ebay seller's link that would be great.

My concern is the latest KO is hard to differentiate from the outer box.
    I am actually waiting on Rocketpunch to do a comparison to identify the differences.

the seller has offered a replacement but no guarantee until I open the box i suppose! I don't think I'll worry about alcohol or windex or anything like that in case it makes it worse, especially since he's offered a replacement.

I've attached some more photos to compare with the knockoffs, i think it might be ok based on a tfw2005 thread but i'm no expert.

for those with more experience with masterpieces, how common are things like paint defects or other QC issues? it looks like it has almost rusted or something. I almost feel a bit silly about it but, well, it's supposed to be a masterpiece and cost almost a hundred bucks, not something cheap in the toy aisle at coles or something... :/

Prowl was my first mp for those cars and I never had a paint issue, yours looks quite horrid, is like they ran out of paint and the person who is packing this didn't care about qc.

I was able to get a replacement off the seller. It doesn't have the same problems with the yellowish spotty paint, but it doesn't seem 100% perfect either in the same areas, especially looks like maybe they forgot to add a coat on one of the rear wheel panel/covers. I think I'll just leave it though!

care to post? I am sceptical whether is original as I saw the KO video and it does look like the same standard of paint job.

sure, might not be able to till friday though. it does look better but not 100%, the rear left wheel cover/flare arch thingy doesn't quite look as glossy as the rest and I don't think some of the lines are as fine as they should be.

It seemed to pass the KO test based on that TFW2005 thread but I can check again. QC issues don't seem to be that uncommon so I might just put it down to bad luck...

I have to say is really bad luck because kind of shocking from the pics.

Ok, took some pics of my replacement Prowl on my mum's ipad. It definitely does not have the same issue which my original one had, however it still seems to have some kind of paint defects or issues. Again looking at that thread on TFW2005 about the knockoff Prowl I think it is legit, just bad QC.

The main differences are again in the doors, the black does not seem to have a smooth 'end', it is a little fuzzy when it changes to the white paint. Also on the feet or rear wheel arches, you can see that one is not as glossy as the other or perhaps missed out on an extra coat compared to the other.

Hi guys,

I just opened my Masterpiece Prowl from TRU for my birthday.

It has two paint issues and I am wondering whether you think TRU will swap it for another?

One is the red on his nose and the other is the paint on the door. Here they are.

Thanks