Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: Govt will block overseas site not collecting gst

I ended up preordering MP Dinobot from TLTC. I'd rather wait for TLTC's stock to come in than be slugged around $30 tax in addition to the extra shipping from Japan.

I've put in an email to BBTS to find out what they are doing since I use them on occasion.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I've already emailed robot kingdom, no response as of yet, im kinda thankful hlj is on board as MOST of what I want is there, the cost I can handle.

Gonna suck if mandarake ends up being locked out though (where I find stuff outside of ebay) so gonna have to stock up on old stuff before I lose the chance forever

So, are they *still* gonna block smaller vendors if they don't comply, what about pre-paid purchases, I paid for things already, would make sense for websites you paid in full before July 1st will still ship at least...right?
    Last edited by hYpNoS; 5th June 2018 at 01:08 AM.

I received an email from buyee japan which I use to access the auctions over there and they are saying the 10% also applies to the shipping cost which I find is a bit rich, almost like double taxing.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I ended up preordering MP Dinobot from TLTC. I'd rather wait for TLTC's stock to come in than be slugged around $30 tax in addition to the extra shipping from Japan.

I've put in an email to BBTS to find out what they are doing since I use them on occasion.
    I’d be interested to know what BBTS say as I use them a lot. I got my POL shipped yesterday so it arrives before July 1. Just in case.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am concerned about orders placed but not paid? Will we get this additional charge then? So am I right we get gst for everything under 1k now from July?

This is how bs the government is “we will tax the business “ nope it puts the cost directly on to us. False advertising.

What if item is fully paid and shipping in advance?

I got a few orders like that :S

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post

Is a lot of grey area I feel like preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post

I can't imagine they would charge that in arrears, as far as customs is going to be concerned all the incoming stuff will be taxed already if under 1K, I don't think their processes will change at all.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I can't imagine they would charge that in arrears, as far as customs is going to be concerned all the incoming stuff will be taxed already if under 1K, I don't think their processes will change at all.

As drifand said it feels like a grey area, but this could help with robot kingdom pre-orders if this is ok, can't imagine the government checking this crap out.

But really if they need to charge more so be it, just dont take my money and not send because lol 'stralyians :S

Got a response from BBTS. They are still looking at the situation.