Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: Govt will block overseas site not collecting gst

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    As drifand said it feels like a grey area, but this could help with robot kingdom pre-orders if this is ok, can't imagine the government checking this crap out.

But really if they need to charge more so be it, just dont take my money and not send because lol 'stralyians :S
    it's not a grey area, if the goods and services are paid for prior to the date that the tax comes in, it's not taxed.

There are new laws coming into effect this new tax year with respect to a lot of things, one being child care rebates are changing, they aren't going to back date that.

The reason this stuff happens at the start of the financial year is so it's less messy.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

So tense.com have been a little clearer from an int’l Standpoint

[Invoice value below 1,000AUD]
    tenso .com will charge 10% GST for the following:
    1. Total invoice value
    2. tenso .com usage fee (handling fee, consolidation fee, special packaging fee and international shipping fee)

[Invoice value above 1,000AUD]
    tenso .com will charge 10% GST for the following:
    1. tenso .com usage fee only (handling fee, consolidation fee, special packaging fee and international shipping fee)
    ** 10% GST of the total invoice value will be charged by the shipping company upon package arrival
    So basically if it’s under $1k the business charges all the gst but if it’s over the business only charges for the goods then customs I assume put gst on the postage cost.

What a system!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    it's not a grey area, if the goods and services are paid for prior to the date that the tax comes in, it's not taxed.

There are new laws coming into effect this new tax year with respect to a lot of things, one being child care rebates are changing, they aren't going to back date that.

The reason this stuff happens at the start of the financial year is so it's less messy.
    So the question is if I paid for my goods at NY now, does it mean I dont get tax after June when they ship? THAT IS MY QUESTION.

And things like Amiami, I am pretty sure anything after June will be tax.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    So the question is if I paid for my goods at NY now, does it mean I dont get tax after June when they ship? THAT IS MY QUESTION.

And things like Amiami, I am pretty sure anything after June will be tax.
    If you pay for the goods and the services (shipping) now, then there's no transaction to tax if they ship later when they all come in. if you pay for shipping later, I expect you'll get taxed on it after July 1.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

So basically... try to find as many pre-orders that get you to pre-pay the entire amount now (on sites that are reliable), to avoid tax on items shipped after July 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So basically... try to find as many pre-orders that get you to pre-pay the entire amount now (on sites that are reliable), to avoid tax on items shipped after July 1st.
    Yes I'm tempted to pay for pre-orders of MP-29+ and MP-36+ now with Robot Kingdom given the A$ has also nudged up a little to 76.68.

I had a couple to pay with Nippon yasan and I think if I want tfs I have to make new decisions where I want to buy from.

I am not pleased that the radio ad made it that they tax the business as we can see is very well incorrect.

I actually wish they boycott Australia and we be in a stand still and have to lift this bs.

Haven't been keeping up with this thread, so little help?

What's the best way to find out if a store is going to apply the GTS in July?

Should I just email all the stores I purchase from and ask or is there a more efficient way to find out?

If a store didn't comply with the low value GTS will I have to travel to a business hub to pay myself or can it be paid online and resent? This last question is really important to me because I really hate going to the business hubs whenever I miss a delivery.

practically all will be charged gst, Most of private seller can "escape gst" because you wont know that the business especially a small one earns over 75K a year.

If it gets stop by customs, I think you are within your rights to say I am not the seller, you collect gst from them dont you? Its none of your involvement.

Hobby Link Japan sent me an email explaining their changes to adhere to the GST in AUS.

But not heard from anyone else like BBTS,Entertainment Earth.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой