Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Like anything rumours related, I'll believe it when I see it.

^^^ what he said. I'll take it with a chunk of salt

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    That's correct. Shogo Hasui said that he treated Combiner Wars Devastator as a Masterpiece because there were no plans for one for the foreseeable future - in fact, he incorporated design ideas he had had for an MP Devastator into its design:

Source: http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/07/30/f...i-shogo-298933
    That's what I had heard too. If he's blown his load of ideas on the CW version, I have doubts they'll revisit this anytime soon.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It'll just be interesting to see the current MP design team take on the engineering needed for a great combiner. 3rd party combiners like the ones from Maketoys have been awful in their complexity.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    They get mix master right but to be real honest I am not excited about this.
    1. I have no space
    2. The titans one is good enough for me.
    3. Knowing TT is not quality built

Not even thinking about price, I just want jazz
    ...ouch, just because the coneheaded seekers are a mess doesn't mean all of them are (even mp36 is built well, it just...tight).

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    It'll just be interesting to see the current MP design team take on the engineering needed for a great combiner. 3rd party combiners like the ones from Maketoys have been awful in their complexity.
    Ah yes the fine line between fun and complex, I would assume 3p fans would enjoy the increased complexity while TT knows its not just the looks possibility and durability but the transformation needs to be something good to write home about too, they learnt from the mp05 days

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    That's what I had heard too. If he's blown his load of ideas on the CW version, I have doubts they'll revisit this anytime soon.
    Well thats just it. There is no reason they could not use the Titan class as a starting point and refine/redo what they want. Look back a few years and I think you can often see the proof of concept / trial figures that made a bigger idea come to fruition.

The idea is plausible - 3P is in the area (and Takara like to hunt them), and the Tokyo Toy show must be coming up. That a BBTS employee is the first to release this info is less convincing.

Oh, and they just engineered a great Megatron so they hz da mad skil1z required.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

A rumour of a rumour on the interwebz? It must be true!

How funny would it be if TakTOM did actually release an MP Devastator, but it was basically a redeco of UW Devastar in an MP box - ya know, just like how they repackaged Movie Bumblebee and Starscream in MP boxes and called them MPs.

It's a nice rumour but like others have mentioned CW/UW Devastator is a good stand in for a MP and has some MP engineering so I'd personally rather see and think that they will tackle another team, we are long overdue for a larger more to scale official MP Grimlock.

If this rumour is true though imagine the price point if it came as a complete box set, it would put some of the third party offerings prices to shame

I <3 rumours though.

If it came to fruition they would end up sitting in the $100-$150 range per fig depending on their size/scale.

While I own both CW and UW Devvies, an MP combiner would be unreal.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------