Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DVD Players

Default DVD Players

I'm looking for a new DVD player but I need to get one that I can region hack via the remote control. I bought a Sony DVP-NS57P today and I tried to Google for a hack code but after lots of searching I was unable to find anything. I haven't opened the box or anything, so I should be able to take it back and refund/exchange it...

Does anyone have any suggestions on which model/players are good for region hacking? (cos otherwise my Region 2 Metrodome G1 Takara Collection DVDs are gonna get useless real soon )

Someone recommended the Pioneer DV300S (apparently it's multi region by default) - but I need confirmation.

What do you guys recommend?

Sony tends to make their machines difficult to crack. Try Philips (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

The worse thing you can buy is a Sony DVD player. I have found that the best hassle free players are actually the cheapo $50-$100 ones.

I have a Magnavox and a cheap TEAC DVD players and their region codes were easilly found. If you wish to persist with your Sony player I will see if I can find the region code somwhere for you.

Edit:

See if this helps:

http://www.auspaytv.com/sony/Sony_DVP_NC615.txt

Also are you sure its not Region free already? It is commonly advertised as region free on the Net.
    ________
    T350
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:24 PM.

Yeah, it's labelled as Region 4 on the box one of the staff at the store confirmed for me that it is pre-locked Region 4. I haven't even broken the sticky tape on the box yet, so it's still MISB which means I will be able to refund/exchange it no probs. I might go for a Philips or TEAC.

Graargh! I refunded my Sony and picked up a Soniq QDP550B (QT550B) because one of the staff members there recommended it to me saying that it's default set to Region 0... I came back and tried a Region 1 disc in it and it didn't work! Graargh!

Could someone please recommend a specific model (not just make) of a DVD player that you know can be region hacked (preferably one that you've hacked yourself) and please give me the code to hack it?!?!? Because I've opened this player I'm not entirely sure if I can get a refund for it now... the box wasn't taped (sealed) so tomorrow morning I'm going to call the manufacturer and ask for the password and if they can't help me then I'm going to repackage the player and try to get a refund or exchange... I'm thinking about getting an LG because I've previously been able to hack LG DVD players. I used to own an LG DVD player and I was able to hack it and I've also successfully hacked two other LG DVD players at school - all using the same code. I just hope that current models still accept the same code.

Region locking DVD players is a violation of the Trade Practices Act according to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. Therefore, DVD players sold in Australia should be multi region. If the region code is not supplied with the DVD player, contact the support help line to obtain the code. http://www.soniqav.com/contact.html

Try some of the Soniq codes listed here:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dv...&Search=Search

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

That code didn't work. I called Soniq's tech support today and got the right code though, so it's working now.

Nice to see a happy ending

Of all the DVD players I've used the Pioneer ones tend to be the least hassle to use. Region free and super reliable I've found. I recently bought a new one for around $200 which comes with a usb port which comes in handy sometimes.
    I don't know about the Soniq player but I have a digital receiver made by them and it's a POS. My 2 cents.