Thread: HOW TO POST A NEWS ARTICLE HERE

Arrow HOW TO POST A NEWS ARTICLE HERE

Posting of News by others is welcomed and appreciated (less work for me to do ), but there are a few things I recommend when posting a News article here.

- News that is a minor update to a recent News topic, can be posted in that existing News topic. Significant updates or new News can be a new topic so that people see it (updates in a big existing topic can often be lost in the pages of comments, and even be just assumed to just be a comment posting). Please refrain from resurrecting really old news topics (more than a few months old) if you can help it. But don't stress about it. If in doubt just post up a new News topic and a news editor will merge or separate topics if necessary.

- The Title should be clear and unambiguous (except if it is an obvious spoiler).

- If the subject matter itself contains Spoilers to a current cartoon or Movie, include the word 'Spoilers' in the topic title. Only hide spoiler text in the body of the post if it is about some other recent news item.

- Please avoid using an Icon next to the Topic Title (the 'Post Icons' box), as certain Icons are reserved for specific or important topics.

- Please Quote or transcribe the outline (or entire content - it's your choice) of the News. Don't just post a link.

- Please include the original source/link, or the source/link that you use IF it credits the original source.

- If images are part of the news article you do not have to include the images in our news posts. If you do want to include them in the post, you MUST NOT 'hot-link' (hot-linking is inserting images from the source, which draws on their bandwidth - very naughty, very bad). You need to save a copy and mirror them on your own image host, and then insert those images from there.

- Also, if you provide a link to a News item that does have images, please look for a source that allows guests to view those images (look at their site as a non-member if you are a member, just to be sure). Sites like TFW2005 and Seibetron are best for archived, mirrored, clean images, or Tformers as a last resort (they heavily watermark images that are not theirs).

If in doubt, see how other news topics are posted, or contact a board staff member. Otherwise, just post up what you think is okay, and one of us will fix up anything within a day or two (there is no penalty to you if your intentions are good).
    Last edited by griffin; 8th May 2014 at 12:06 PM.

I'm not a TFW2005 member but I can see the pics in the news posts. Dunno about forum pics though

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I'm not a TFW2005 member but I can see the pics in the news posts. Dunno about forum pics though
    I'm a member and I can see images when not logged in, but then other times when I am logged in I can't see them. That site can be really temperamental.

If you click on the news title instead of the 'discuss' button, you should be able to see all of the images.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Okay, in that case - it's okay to use any source you prefer, but just check to be sure guests of that source can view the pics.

Just a reminder posting of this info topic, after a trend of News postings with no sources noted. (also, please have a re-read of the first posting for the full list of guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Posting of News by others is welcomed and appreciated (less work for me to do ), but there are a few things I recommend when posting a News article here.
    - Quote the original source, or your source if it credits the original source.

If in doubt, see how other news topics are posted, or contact a board staff member. Otherwise, just post up what you think is okay, and one of us will fix up anything within a day or two (I read just about every News posting here).