Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unite Warriors Bruticus with Blastoff space-shuttle?

Default Unite Warriors Bruticus with Blastoff space-shuttle?

The usual Japanese Designer (Hisashi Yuki) has been tweeting something cryptic again, and this time it is of Gen1 Bruticus with Groove as the arm instead of Blast Off.

So what does it mean?

The most likely thing is that TakaraTomy are continuing with their tradition of making sure their Combiners are Gen1 accurate, and Blast Off will be a space-shuttle instead of a fighter jet.
    Or, they are having Groove recoloured into Blast Off...

It might be some time before we find out though, as this is an early 2016 toy for Hasbro, so it isn't likely to be released in Japan until some time after that.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So what does it mean?

Ooh, burn!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I'd be surprised if Takara didn't make a Blastoff space shuttle, and that tease seems pretty blatant. I have said before that I was quite happy with Hasbro going down the route of making him a fighter jet as it makes more sense with the whole military theme... I did realise however looking at recent pics that the head sculpt was still the same as Quickslinger (terrible name btw)/Slingshot mold??? Hopefully Hasbro will do a head remold... they have been pretty good about remolding thus far in CWs. Also didn't think I would be interested in CW Bruticus but the plastic crack once again takes hold and I have to have it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm sure they could explain this away in a hilariously undecipherable pack-in manga

The tweet itself just says that Hisashi Yuki is just toying around with the samples and admiring how the new Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors line is a big leap from the G1 scramble city toys...bit the picture looks it wants to tease more

More evidence of a new mould for a Japanese Unite Warriors Blast Off... with Hisashi Yuki posting up a sketch, and some comment that appears to suggest that it is already underway.
    With Bruticus being the first of the 2016 Hasbro combiners, which is likely to be out by Christmas (based on what happened last year), if they are still working on the design stage of Blast Off, the Japanese release of Bruticus won't be out for at least a year, which would be a huge wait after the Hasbro version. (unless these teases are intentionally misleading, and the toy is already nearing prototype stage, for a release soon after the Hasbro version like the other three Japanese combiners)
    I guess we just wait and see... and then hope that Hasbro releases both Groove and Blast Off like they did for "Slingshot" and "Wildrider".

If Hasbro do release Groove and Blastoff, that's four "extra" limbs which along with one of the extra torsos (pick from Optimus Prime, Cyclonus, Battle Core Optimus Prime, Sky Lynx, or Scattershot) is enough to make a complete extra combiner. Pretty cool for those that want the full Geewun but have already bought the Hasbro versions with the new limbs, or for those who just want to make another new combiner with the extra releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    If Hasbro do release Groove and Blastoff, that's four "extra" limbs which along with one of the extra torsos (pick from Optimus Prime, Cyclonus, Battle Core Optimus Prime, Sky Lynx, or Scattershot) is enough to make a complete extra combiner. Pretty cool for those that want the full Geewun but have already bought the Hasbro versions with the new limbs, or for those who just want to make another new combiner with the extra releases.
    Soon we will have 4 spare limbs. Soon Rejector will rise!
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Soon we will have 4 spare limbs. Soon Rejector will rise!
    haha, cracker!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    haha, cracker!
    Love it haha