Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17273233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: FansProject Upcoming Projects~!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    This thing is gonna be sweet. But I'm thinking is this intended for Classics Rodimus or Henkei Rodimus? Or are the differences not too great to matter?
    It will fit both since the mold is the same - although Henkei Rodimus with the chrome gold crest would look nicer... but since I dont have the henkei version, Ill settle for my Classics rodimus for use to this set. I just hope it doesn't become immediately scarce due to high demand.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    It will fit both since the mold is the same - although Henkei Rodimus with the chrome gold crest would look nicer... but since I dont have the henkei version, Ill settle for my Classics rodimus for use to this set. I just hope it doesn't become immediately scarce due to high demand.
    I too hope this doesn't sell out quick. Will be hard to track down for a reasonable price if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I too hope this doesn't sell out quick. Will be hard to track down for a reasonable price if it does.
    I agree guys, hopefully there will be enough produced but I think that Fansproject are wise to the demand of their upcoming set so they'll probably produce more than they would've initially considered IMO.

They seem to be the most popular 3rd party group at the moment, and for good reason , so with the sudden mass re-release of the Classics Rodimus mold I think they'll see this as a chance to build up some funds to invest in their other upcoming releases, which look friggin' awesome I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    This thing is gonna be sweet. But I'm thinking is this intended for Classics Rodimus or Henkei Rodimus? Or are the differences not too great to matter?
    the prototype was using a henkei rodimus but i doubt it will clash much on a classics version.

Doesn't Henkei Hot Rodimus have some basic plastic colour differences along with the deco differences and chrome? Hopefully the difference isn't too pronounced. Though, considering there would be more owners of Classics Rodimus (assuming Hasbro had a higher production run and wider distribution for Classics Rodimus than TakTom's Henkei Hot Rodimus), it would be smarter to match the deco of at least the initial wide release of Protector with Classics Rodimus, then do a limited/exclusive Henkei Hot Rodimus colours version later with chrome wing extensions and colours.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I have both the Henkei and Classics version of Rodimus. The plastic color (red, maroon?) on both is almost identical.

The chrome and flame deco concerns are still valid, though.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    The chrome and flame deco concerns are still valid, though.
    Much of the 'contrasting' flame deco is covered up by the armor and since the chrome may be part of the base figure (in case of Henkei) preference for it is squarely placed on individual taste - If you don't like it then simply armor up the Classics figure instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Much of the 'contrasting' flame deco is covered up by the armor and since the chrome may be part of the base figure (in case of Henkei) preference for it is squarely placed on individual taste - If you don't like it then simply armor up the Classics figure instead.
    I think that until we see the painted version, it's hard to make a judgment on that. But because I can't afford the Henkei version, I will be going with the Classics version. Wonder how it might look with the cartoon style version of him from the 3-pack. If there is much of a difference between the 3 versions, they may do different versions of the upgrade. And possibly for the exclusive Black Rodimus.

I for one can't wait to see the finished project. Is there any tentative release date?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I think that until we see the painted version, it's hard to make a judgment on that. But because I can't afford the Henkei version, I will be going with the Classics version. Wonder how it might look with the cartoon style version of him from the 3-pack. If there is much of a difference between the 3 versions, they may do different versions of the upgrade. And possibly for the exclusive Black Rodimus.

I for one can't wait to see the finished project. Is there any tentative release date?
    Yeah but what I mean is that the painted armor (done good or not) can be it's own unique pattern since much of the flames of the base figure are covered, specially the hood which is the focus of it.

You can see here that much of the base figure's flame art is covered and what is exposed is not part of a flowing pattern so it can be anything.