Page 14 of 154 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Agreed! Dark Knight Rises rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Saw The midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises. Fan-smegging-tastic. That is all
    +1

But sad that the saga is over.

Haven't seen Dark Knight Rises yet... but I personally would like to see DC follow Marvel's lead and get these movies to link together and build toward a Justice League film (e.g. plant something in DKR and then something in Man of Steel etc.)

Please don't tell me if this has actually happened or not... I'll find out for myself when I see the film (or if you feel compelled to confirm/deny, please use spoiler tags )

I don't think Christoper Nolan's version of Batman could fit into the Justice League, this Dark Knight is way too realistic and dark relative to Superman, Flash and Wonder Woman. It's not like the Avengers in film-form where all the characters all have that common ground in family-friendlyness.

If the next Batman saga were more like Arkham Asylum / Arkham City, it'd be an amazing idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    this Dark Knight is way too realistic and dark relative to Superman, Flash and Wonder Woman.
    and thats the way it should be, batman will do the things (mostly) the boyscouts wont plus i think he is better connected then the other big guns. he always is in the shadows.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Default *** SPOILER ALERT ***

Dark Knight Rises

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

W
    A
    R
    N
    I
    N
    G

you guys who have seen Dark Knight Rises - would you be able to elaborate on Bane's connection with the League of Shadow's, how he ended up in the pit and how Ra's Al Ghul's wife ended up in the pit as well?

Also, when Bruce came across Ra's Al Ghul again in the prison, didn't Bruce say something about Bane being Al Ghul's son?

Dark Knight Rises Spoliers

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Dark Knight Rises

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

W
    A
    R
    N
    I
    N
    G
    They mixed up the comic book origins to throw us off the track. In the comics Bane was born and grew up in a prison. In the movie this was Talia's story, but they let the world believe it was Bane's to help hide Talia's true identity.

In the movie, Bane was just a prisoner in the pit, but one with enough moral consequence to look after the little girl trapped in there. The little girl came back for him, with the League, as thanks and the two were allies from then on. Presumably she took him to her father and he actually did train Bane (although that could have been false information too)

Ra's lover (not wife) voluntarily took Ra's place in the Pit, buying his freedom with her sacrifice.

Bruce only hallucinated Ra's in the prison, note the way he disappeared in plain sight once someone else showed up, and Bruce thought Bane was Ra's son because that's how the legend went.

Saw Dark Knight Rises yesterday and found it to be quite entertaining. It was a great way to end the series.

The second movie is still my favourite though and would be in my top 5 films of all time. It was always going to be a tough act to follow.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I saw Dark Knight on the weekend, I enjoyed it but the way people were raving I expected it to be better than the second one which it wasn't.

I agree, I'm still in favor of the 2nd.