Page 25 of 154 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan; Into Darkness has several bits that parallels that movie. I need to watch that film again -- haven't seen it in decades!
    Same. The only thing I remember from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is that ear-creature thing. I remember thinking at the time that it was a total rip-off of a scene from Flash Gordon. Then there was Megatron who used the same method of interrogation in DOTM.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

I thought this movie was great, stupid fun, and it seemed they were aware of it.
    The gore factor is huge, and I loved that they didn't have an over reliance on CGI e.g. with the Troll, Edward, who I loved a lot, being puppetry.

Fun movie and recommended 3.5/5

Fast and Furious 6.

Not as furious as 5, but fast enough to score a 7/10. Great stunts and good to see my criminal racing family on the big screen again. Decent acting, plot too-reliant on FF4.

Spoiler:

R.I.P. Han and Gisele.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Fast and Furious 6.

Not as furious as 5, but fast enough to score a 7/10. Great stunts and good to see my criminal racing family on the big screen again. Decent acting, plot too-reliant on FF4.
    I like how they link it to Tokyo Drift and the beginning continuing exactly where 5 left off ..... It was quiet a fun movie...but there were moments in there that over the top WTF moments ... popcorn movie you just got to love them...and this time they had nice expensive car turning up ..

Just watch After Earth as well... ... it an ok movie ..and it seem pretty short .. The effect are great ... but it seem like to me that the film was a show reel for Will Smith son trying to show case that he can act and cry in a movie ... but his charisma is just not there and even Will Smith character is not a good casting.... 6.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Just watch After Earth as well... ... it an ok movie ..and it seem pretty short .. The effect are great ... but it seem like to me that the film was a show reel for Will Smith son trying to show case that he can act and cry in a movie ... but his charisma is just not there and even Will Smith character is not a good casting.... 6.5/10
    Was the Shymalan twist as bad as I am expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Was the Shymalan twist as bad as I am expecting?
    Nah no twist at all..... he finally had the sense !

the twist was there is no twist

Monsters University:

Fun movie, but lacking the imagination that made Monsters, Inc and other Disney Pixar films so amazing. The humor was still good and it wasn't boring at all. The bond formed by Mike and Sullivan will make you feel good (but it won't tug your heart like Sullivan and Boo). Some small details that linked itself to Monsters, Inc was appreciated (like how the rivalry between Randall and Sullivan formed) so that it felt like a sequel instead of a generic college movie using Monsters, Inc characters. I felt the final act (the real reason that Oozma Kappa won and what subsequently happened afterwards) was jarring compared to the rest of the movie. It felt unneeded and cheapened the what the film was trying to achieve. Overall, worth watching.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Just watched World war Z .... it a great movie...brad pitt great in it and the special effect top notch...very good directing in the action scene ..was totally riveted to my seat during the whole action ..don't want to spoil any thing but the story up there... totally recommend it .. 9/10