Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wooooot!

Meh, Osaka still has quite a bit of haggling opportunities for those who can. It is an old merchant center after all.

@Suspectimus Prime - if you're in Osaka over the weekend PM me and I'll try to make time to give you a TF shop tour if you want. Weekdays I have work and I'm a half-hour away from the city proper, so getting to the TF shops in time for them to still be open is tricky.
    If not, the ever-awesome heroic_decepticon has a handy map or three that might help.

Please take/post photos if you guys meet up! Always love to see meet piccies! \(^O^)/

Gok: No need to be rich when you have Jetstar sales every 6 months =) 2Return flights from Melbourne for under $1500 =)

Only doing Tokyo this time (hopefully going to show off to my gf and meet up with some old Nova friends). Hopefully can go next year and do Osaka/Kyoto maybe Hiroshima

Ode - Do you often go to Tokyo?

For stores, I sold all my stuff to Mandarake in Nakano (i think) and they gave me a great rate for my stuff, but I thought they might be a little pricey? If its still there, there were 2 great places in Akihabara, towards the ginza metro line that had some great prices and pretty good stock.
    Think I picked up Valdigus for 4000 yen and saw scourge for roughly the same amount. God, I hope its still there...

Not really, I've only been there once for work Orientation before heading here. Osaka has pretty much everything you can find in Tokyo and usually it's a little less expensive. Other than roaming Osaka I've only been to Nara and Kyoto so far, and I'll be taking a weekend cruise to Kyushu later this year.
    But then, this is my start-up year and there've been a lot of extra costs as a result so most of my money's gone on getting myself set up here (and buying up Transformers). I do want to do a Tokyo TF/etc crawl sometime in the next year or so when I have a long weekend, a competent Japanese speaking friend who can help me find my way around, and a bit more play money.

I'm sure your Japanese will be totally ぺらぺら long before next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm sure your Japanese will be totally ぺらぺら long before next year.
    Yeah...I sorta doubt it.
    Will maybe move the reply here so as not to derail the thread at hand too much.

Dude, I'm so jealous =P
    I'm saving up for another trip to Japan at the end of the year with friends though, but I seriously miss Japan

Have a great trip

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Osaka: Den Den Town has Mandarake (Umeda & Grand Kaos), Jungle and Hero Gangu (where you can haggle! (this is a rarity in Japan; most prices are fixed)) )
    Tokyo: There are Mandarakes in Nakano, Shibuya and Ikebukuro

Otherwise you can always check out the toy section at regular department stores or major electronics/camera store chains. And of course there's Toys R Us.

http://www.mandarake.co.jp/shop/
    http://www2.toysrus.co.jp/store/?mail_id=toyt
    Thanks for these places man, I'll definitely snoop around these places when I'm there. We're only in Osaka for a day before heading straight to Sendai. My sister's been teaching English there since before the earthquake. Will be in Tokyo for 1-2 days before we leave. Doing a trip to HK and Macau before coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Meh, Osaka still has quite a bit of haggling opportunities for those who can. It is an old merchant center after all.

@Suspectimus Prime - if you're in Osaka over the weekend PM me and I'll try to make time to give you a TF shop tour if you want. Weekdays I have work and I'm a half-hour away from the city proper, so getting to the TF shops in time for them to still be open is tricky.
    If not, the ever-awesome heroic_decepticon has a handy map or three that might help.
    Thanks dude, we'll only be there on a Thurs/Fri before heading off, but I'll let you know if things change!

No worries, enjoy your trip dude!